The manky banshee.

moorey

call me Mia
That is a lot of tyre to push!
They barely weighed more than the 2.3’s...and it’s never planned as an XC bike despite the 105mm rear travel.
I don’t think they’ll add grip, as they’re pretty rounded on the 27mm id rims, but it’s added the height needed. Will take on a better ride tomorrow.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kinda feels like that guy who reviews someone's recipe by saying "I substituted the sugar for salt and I omitted the blueberries but it tasted terrible, 2/10".

Needs 29" setup, jus sayin'

moorey

call me Mia
Kinda feels like that guy who reviews someone's recipe by saying "I substituted the sugar for salt and I omitted the blueberries but it tasted terrible, 2/10".

Needs 29" setup, jus sayin'
Incorrect. Well bonza like it is thanks. One star.

moorey

call me Mia
FWIW, I actually preferred it with the 2.3 tyres...I just need to get that BB slightly higher.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I came on here to peruse the 'for sale' section for a hardtail frame, but now I find myself ogling another Banshee.

That's a beautiful bike, parts bin or not.

moorey

call me Mia
I came on here to peruse the 'for sale' section for a hardtail frame, but now I find myself ogling another Banshee.

That's a beautiful bike, parts bin or not.
@Hipstar was trying to tell me there’s too much crossover with a spitty. For once he’s right. I’m really not noticing the reduced travel, but really noticing the improved pedaling.
It’s horses for courses, but with other 140mm bikes to opt for, I can see this getting a lot more use than the spitfire around the general trails.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is the third time I'm saying this, but I really think you need to try it with 29" wheels . You'll get to run 2.3 tyres, it'll raise the BB and will properly complement the Spitty rather than overlap it!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lend him those XMC wheels and you may have a chance
But they're boost, carbon AND 29"! I reckon Moorey would melt if he touched those. But I do have some non boost Stans Crests on Hope hubs that are lying around waiting for another project. Fast Maxxis XC tyres on them too