The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
I actually have some great photos in there, about 10 so far. So I'm going to buy the $50 package, but I'm also thinking I can't do that until this unidentified photos thing gets sorted. But I might still have to go through 1000s of photos by the sound of it. And what about all those thumbnails that are just a watermark and you have to open them to see them, which takes about 10 seconds a pop.

Maybe I should just buy the ones that are already identified and be happy with that. But maybe there is a really good one in the unidentified section.

Am I making this too complicated or are they?
If you buy your package then you find more of yourself that were unidentified, you will be able to get them too - you might just need to email Aurora. The package is for all the photos of you, so if you find extras that weren't identified I don't think the price changes.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
A guy from my old club is doing photo's now... Just found out at the Mont. http://korndogmtb.com/

From his site:
Sign up now for just $25/yr and start downloading your race photos for FREE! You can download up to 20 photos per event for 12 months.
Additional photos for an event can be purchased for $1 per photo.

Not sure what his coverage in terms of time on track is, but thats a great deal. He was at the Mont, but was saying that with Ourimbah this weekend it might take a bit to get his files sorted.
* I'm not on a commission etc etc, but feel free to send me a cheque Kornie!
++1
He's not a high tech operation, but is getting some great shots out there!
A mountain biker taking shots of mountain bikers. Go Korndog!:cool:

Dazzo

Likes Dirt
I've noticed one more photo comes up for me now when i search for my number. I'd assume like pinkbike said, they're in the process of trying to identify more photos from the unidentified bucked.

So yeah if you've looked already id look again :cool:

Oh wow, found in the unidentified list:

I passed this chap on my first lap.

Pros:
- Put a smile on my face as I approached him, I forgot about the hill we were climbing

Con:
- He was hot and quite sweaty, the lack of cloathing saw perspiration showering his immediate surrounds, not quite so nice to pass.

;)

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
If you buy your package then you find more of yourself that were unidentified, you will be able to get them too - you might just need to email Aurora. The package is for all the photos of you, so if you find extras that weren't identified I don't think the price changes.
While this sounds logical to me, their site says otherwise :(

http://www.auroraimages.com.au/index.php?module=company&pId=100&start=0

"all your race photos* for one low price. great value for priceless moments. *applies only to photos with identified race numbers."

Make of that what you will, but it basically sounds like if ive found a few photos of me in the unidentified list, ive got to pay $17 a pop, yuk. :confused:

minhtam

Squid

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I passed this chap on my first lap.

Pros:
- Put a smile on my face as I approached him, I forgot about the hill we were climbing

Con:
- He was hot and quite sweaty, the lack of cloathing saw perspiration showering his immediate surrounds, not quite so nice to pass.

;)
What's been seen cannot be unseen...

I swear that guy was in the adult film I was watching earlier. Bam bam bampah wowah. Were his support crew all nurses?

Last edited: