The Moo

robbie b

Likes Bikes
the moo closure

Thanks to everyone involved in trying to stop the closure of the moo i ride there quite regularly and love the joint no experiences like it around here, i saw marty at the trail the other day and he seemed pretty confident it could be saved from destruction, i wrote a pretty lengthy email to all the council members listed on trail care's Facebook page, hopefully they get the message and many many more
go the moo

cabbo

Likes Dirt
Another kind of event take place in a fragile sensitive area

As this trail had been authorised to be shut down, more just about using words selected that heighten to an imagery, say in the case of " a fragile sensitive area " should do the trick!

Well this so called fragile area seems to holding an event! The Orienteering summer series and one of the events locations is yep at the Moo!

Over the last 3/4 months there has been some old geezer with clip bored in arm combing the scrub, know doubt setting up the many way points for teams events, for when the days of punters will be know doubt smashing through the scrub too reach a marker to list off as a completion and move too another marker point location.

I am saying WTF! Too another false truth about the involvement of council. They bring too us again from the story book of fractured fairy tails, another false truth, we do not have to be listening too this crap time and time again..
Peace!

robbie b

Likes Bikes
As this trail had been authorised to be shut down, more just about using words selected that heighten to an imagery, say in the case of " a fragile sensitive area " should do the trick!

Well this so called fragile area seems to holding an event! The Orienteering summer series and one of the events locations is yep at the Moo!

Over the last 3/4 months there has been some old geezer with clip bored in arm combing the scrub, know doubt setting up the many way points for teams events, for when the days of punters will be know doubt smashing through the scrub too reach a marker to list off as a completion and move too another marker point location.

I am saying WTF! Too another false truth about the involvement of council. They bring too us again from the story book of fractured fairy tails, another false truth, we do not have to be listening too this crap time and time again..
Peace!
It is funny what is seen as enjoying the outdoors and what is seen as destroying such sensitive areas

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Running shoes don't spread phytophthora apparently ... But phytophthora is sooo scary they had to close down the mini wheels club at St Ives Show ground ... Have to lock it away for all of time to get rid of this stuff, that likely came from backyard dumpers and council green waste processing.

Id rather they not bullshit ...

DJR

Likes Dirt
W T F... Orienteering.

The trail is probably still in good shape too, such was the build quality

cabbo

Likes Dirt
Why is it that it will be tax payers or rate payers money being used to justify out of a negative intention by council or whoever and use a backward approach, seeing the environment from far back as pre arrival of European settlement. So with this in mind stuck and stuck in reverse, they then go to the trouble to do an investigation too create with the intention to search for a problem..

Then you'll see a bunch of councils made signs, that have been made out purposely of intimidation, cleverly descriptive wording to intimidate the public, by using words as fragile, sensitive, endangered all a bunch of words that to the unimaginative is a scare munger, this is more a tactic not only to scare, but uses fear.

But hey! I am sure those orienteering good guys will clean the treads of their Nikes bathed in detol solutions at the starting point that will kill off that nasty Phytophthora fungus, there we have it, orienteering..

WTF is going on?

cabbo

Likes Dirt
With around 15 years today would seem Moo!

Over the last couple of days contractors have been assembling in a 2.4m high fence running 150m from back of car park along back of tennis courts... with demolition taken place of the top flow section, jumps berms spewed over the trail, some machine on tracks being used by the looks of it, dunno which track they will take now as they are at the split of both trails...
All that can save it from here is Yowie!.... start channeling friends of Yowie...

cabbo

Likes Dirt
With around 15 years today would be the last of the Moo!

Over the last couple of days contractors have been assembling in a 2.4m high fence running 150m from back of car park along back of tennis courts... with demolition taken place of the top flow section, jumps berms spewed over the trail, some machine on tracks being used by the looks of it, dunno which track they will take now as they are at the split of both trails...
All that can save it from here is Yowie!.... start channeling friends of Yowie...

T.3

Likes Dirt
What an absolute shame.

Obviously erosion concerns are no longer held judging by how its being demolished.

All this from the council that spent how many hundreds of thousands on the steaming turd at golden jubilee (an erosion mecca) just over the valley.

cabbo

Likes Dirt
Yeah mate they screwed up with Jubes for the reason being a totally lack of respect of the builder, his knowledge and ability to put out the practicalities in the Knowing of what we the rides know and what the requirement are to have a trail that has worth.... the builder was under a shadow, the council wanted trail changes made, and so the steaming turd landed..

It's pure and simple.. if these governing controllers don't take an interest in the mtb community, and keep to a method... like fencing a 2.4m fence x150m... and trashing the bush in the process cutting down bushland for brush matting over the trail... wtf!!!.... This mentality is the enforcers... go figure?....

The cause and effect.... well, the mtb community have been granted the skills of building, each and every crew holds as a standing force of awesome trail builders...:thumb:!

If councils persists to keep asleep on what requirements are needed, maybe it is best then, and stay asleep and sleep easy!

cabbo

Likes Dirt
Good ole people power!...... Thanks too the passion of the you know crews! ..... Comitted backing up! With over a good number of years!...... Looks like there's going to be some Moo-vin underway! YEEEWWW!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ah yeah, I had totally forgotten about this thread, thanks @cabbo for the reminder... I'll keep this thread updated with the last bits of news (volunteer forms, volunteer requests, etc) as they come to light, just in case someone isn't on Facebook. So, this is the post I made on the Facebook groups the other day.

Warrimoo DH Update 31st July 2019 - WE WIN

Firstly, I want to say a huge thanks to everyone involved at all steps of this process, from Marty dedicating so much of his life to building & maintaining the trails, to everyone who rode & maintained the trail in the "closed" time, showing the demand still existed, and everyone who gave time, effort and input in this last stage to get us here.

In the last post, the final hurdle was Crown Lands coming back with the final license, as the parcel of land was still held by the government. Council were very positive it would all happen, hence the volunteer and information night in June.

This approval has now been given and council will be formally engaging DirtArt to get the initial construction underway! From there, the process is volunteer induction and volunteer training & work days, which all who were at the evening will get notified about.
The Official Volunteer group will be set up like a typical Bushcare group, but in this case Trail/Moo Care group. This affords vollies protection on official days and the process looks very exciting, with volunteers to be trained in more detailed works/processes, rather than simply throwing a shovel around.

I am also waiting on revised volunteer application/waiver forms from council, which I'll send out to all the groups to bolster our numbers, making sure we have a strong and ready crew for official days.

So amazingly stoked right now, Crackers DH is a go!!!

cabbo

Likes Dirt
CRACKERS!... Just noticed the council sign posts of...... "illegal for any constructing of trail building and the of riding mtb is prohibited from this region"....... Now! GONE!!!!

CRACKERS! DirtArts coming to town! YEW!

Reactions: T.3

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Hey Cabbo (who I gather is Marty?), send me a PM with your mobile mate (it's Gaby here), I've lost your mobile and it'll be the best way to keep you in the loop :D

cabbo

Likes Dirt
Yep! Marty here Gaby!..... Lol l only managed to find my way back in this site recently, unable to sign in for a few years, can't remember now how to PM mate!

Thank you for your long service dedication mate!... Man! ... Looking forward to catching up with the many crew on vollie days!....

YEW, back where our given right of freedom to express from choice is, the choice to ride!.... and in truth reality now speaks!...... Damn!.... should have never been taken away!...... FARKEN YEAH!..... CRACKERS!!!!
CU soon!