The move to Warner Bros Discovery for WC coverage. Thoughts?

cammas

Seamstress
I came across this today which is my fear of what we may end up with, the commentating is pretty terrible hopefully with money they are putting in, it might be better

LPG

likes thicc birds
I came across this today which is my fear of what we may end up with, the commentating is pretty terrible hopefully with money they are putting in, it might be better

Wtf is that? 10% of a BMX track made to not flow with flat road bits in between and then called a MTB race?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riders still totally in the dark in regards to the 2023 season...

Wonder if Vital/Pinkbike etc would be cut off from producing content?
This seems like Vital giving the new promoters the bird in a very public way.

Will be an interesting transition, although I expect 2023 to be mostly unchanged and then 2024 to be wholesale changes

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Top 30 into finals would suck... its pretty easy to be outside of that with how close the racing is these days.
Yeah a couple of years ago it wouldn't have seemed that unreasonable, but with the depth of talent now it's going to be hard to follow the rise of the up-and-coming talent. If they were going to limit finals to the top 30, I'd want to be able to watch qualifying.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

I just skimmed this a bit, but this is the old eliminator format Van Der Plog was a rock star at. I didn't think they still ran it.
The racing is really course dependent, it needs to be sharp, punchy, and technical to make good viewing

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Top 30 into finals would suck... its pretty easy to be outside of that with how close the racing is these days.
Yeah a couple of years ago it wouldn't have seemed that unreasonable, but with the depth of talent now it's going to be hard to follow the rise of the up-and-coming talent. If they were going to limit finals to the top 30, I'd want to be able to watch qualifying.
The number of top 30 guys that have missed qualification this year has been surprising, partly from mechanicals as per any other year but also the sheer amount of up-and-coming talent has meant any near-off/minor crash has the factory riders missing out.

Top 30 qualifying would be fucking dumb for both factory and privateer riders.

cammas

Seamstress
I just skimmed this a bit, but this is the old eliminator format Van Der Plog was a rock star at. I didn't think they still ran it.
The racing is really course dependent, it needs to be sharp, punchy, and technical to make good viewing
Yeah I thought it was dropped as well for XCC (?) as well, one part I love of the W/Cup is the commentary and it doesn’t matter if it’s XC or DH it’s not just the colourful comments but the passion from Rob and I don’t think we will get from any one.
I just hope it’s not Elliot Jackson the few times he’s been there I’ve been tempted to turn it down, I know he raced but f@ck me everyone is his friend and he discussed this with this person then comes the next rider and f@ck he was discussing another section with that person. We get it you raced W/Cups and you know a lot of people but we don’t need to hear it with every rider coming down the hill.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Anyone know if there is going to be any different coverage of the Enduro now that they are under the discovery/UCI circle-jerk umbrella?

I had a look at the GCN+ website, but unsurprisingly the only shit on there is road racing...

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Anyone know if there is going to be any different coverage of the Enduro now that they are under the discovery/UCI circle-jerk umbrella?

I had a look at the GCN+ website, but unsurprisingly the only shit on there is road racing...