The New Dad thread

static_X3

Likes Dirt
Well I'm 5 months in to this whole dad thing and whilst the little fella's existance has had an averse effect on the time I have to go riding, its a small price to pay :)

Hugo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342876726.897607.jpg

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That kids a charmer mate, nice work.

In other news, the Mrs has just informed me she is expecting Wellsey Jr the Third.

I'll have a whole Tour de France team soon.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
iv'e got 14 month old twin boys, just about to start walking..What am i in for??.
wife popped out into kitchen to grab milk for them the other day, when she returned to loungeroom (set up as Baby Stadium, blocked at both ends!) she found one of them had climbed up onto the couch, and was trying to operate the tv remote with his mouth, the force is strong in that one!
life is starting to settle down a little now, got out for two whole rides in the same week, amazing!

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Also a related joke I heard this week:
You always hear women say how painful childbirth is and how nothing a man experiences can come close to that pain, including getting smashed in the balls. Often 2 or 3 years after the first child has been born a woman will be considering having a second. You never hear a man say "Jeez, I wouldn't mind getting another kick in the nuts".
Yes it was painful. I think it was the worst day in my life. But gestational surrogacy is expensive...and illegal (in NSW anyway)

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
got 5 year old and 1 month old boys. best part of my day is walking whilst the older boy rides his bike to and from school, at least on the days I can work from home. tis great now he is big enough to do a lot of stuff together, soccer goals in the backyard, riding and stuff. New one is making his impact felt on family time but at that age he doesn't want dad for much apart from nappy changing, he wants his mum

workmx

Banned
ACT Dads' Playgroup

For those interested and in Canberra

A friend and I run a Dads' playgroup (for dads and granddads and their children) in Belconnen.

The group meets once a month in Belconnen (first Saturday of the month). We are a non-religous group with a diverse membership that welcomes new members.

Our next meeting will be held on Saturday the 4th of August.

For more details, please see our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/170971599622220/

Or email us at: actdadsgroup@gmail.com

Ivan

Eats Squid
no 3 arrived last week. Back to sleepless nights again. Why are newborns nocturnal?
I hear you mate, my son was born last Thursday. Hopefully he grows to be the same height as me, so he'll be a good excuse for me to upgrade bikes.

Pete J

loves his dog
Congrats to all of the new dads here!
Our latest addition is almost 6 months old and is coming along really well.
She is the 'easiest' baby so far and we are extremely thankful for that.
It's just the other two that are causing us daily headaches with their endless fighting, whining and crying.
It seems as if they just resent all of the attention the baby gets but just don't know how to express this resentment.
So this manifests itself in other forms of behaviour, which aren't necessarily much fun to witness day in and day out...
I guess everyone with multiple children has these same kinds of problems anyway, right?

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats to all of the new dads here!
Our latest addition is almost 6 months old and is coming along really well.
She is the 'easiest' baby so far and we are extremely thankful for that.
It's just the other two that are causing us daily headaches with their endless fighting, whining and crying.
It seems as if they just resent all of the attention the baby gets but just don't know how to express this resentment.
So this manifests itself in other forms of behaviour, which aren't necessarily much fun to witness day in and day out...
I guess everyone with multiple children has these same kinds of problems anyway, right?
Hey Pete, good to hear the new one is coming along nicely.
I get to find out about multiple children in about 8 weeks, not that we're counting much. Our youngin' is really looking forward to her siblings arrival, at least she is until the new one is actually here.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Well riding has picked up for me now we have longer days. Our little girl is now 10.5 months old but has always slept from about 8pm to 6:30am most nights. I get out for a ride a few times a week starting at 5am now. Must say my classic car hasnt been driven much and the house reno's are mighty slow. Love spending time with her, which is basically in the house. Look forward to when she can help dad in the shed.

dunndog

Eats Squid
3 weeks today and my 2 year old son's baby sister arrives! Very excited, getting in as much time on the rigs as I can now cos apparently it's all about to go semi tits up for a while..

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
3 weeks today and my 2 year old son's baby sister arrives! Very excited, getting in as much time on the rigs as I can now cos apparently it's all about to go semi tits up for a while..
Apparently? You should already know! Lol

My son has just started walking, I am so proud of him!

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a 4 month old, he's pretty cool. Loving being a dad. Not as fit as I was but still get out most weekends. All good.

I used to train a sh!tload so my wife is happy when I go out for 4-5 hrs rather than 8-10 hrs on a weekend.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Welcome Matilda!

Stoked to tell you our baby daughter Matilda arrived yesterday! Everyone doing great. Doesn't take long to forget just how small and I guess dependant a newborn is huh! Wow, it really blows you away this kid thing.. So happy and proud. Was quietly spewing about the imminent loss of ride time but really, couldn't care less right now! I'm sure it's not all doom and gloom on the ride front.. Anyway, that's my 5 hrs sleep done, best get back to the hospital. Happy Days!!

moorey

call me Mia
Nice one DD. Congrats.
I also fretted about the bike time loss, but didn't even want to ride for 5+ years, and didn't miss it for a second.
Youll be back, with a vengeance.

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stoked to tell you our baby daughter Matilda arrived yesterday! Everyone doing great. Doesn't take long to forget just how small and I guess dependant a newborn is huh! Wow, it really blows you away this kid thing.. So happy and proud. Was quietly spewing about the imminent loss of ride time but really, couldn't care less right now! I'm sure it's not all doom and gloom on the ride front.. Anyway, that's my 5 hrs sleep done, best get back to the hospital. Happy Days!!
That's great mate, congratulations. I'll be doing the same any day now.