The New Dad thread

Knut

Troll hunter
Stoked to tell you our baby daughter Matilda arrived yesterday! Everyone doing great. Doesn't take long to forget just how small and I guess dependant a newborn is huh! Wow, it really blows you away this kid thing.. So happy and proud. Was quietly spewing about the imminent loss of ride time but really, couldn't care less right now! I'm sure it's not all doom and gloom on the ride front.. Anyway, that's my 5 hrs sleep done, best get back to the hospital. Happy Days!!
Nice one bro. All the best to everyone. The best years of your life have just begun.

Ivan

Eats Squid
My son is now 8 weeks old. Hopeing to get out on the MTB for the first time in nearly 3 months!

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
congrats to the new Dads.

A few years on for me and my not quite 4yr old had his 1st proper ride on a pedal bike yesterday (no trainer wheels),the joys to come for you guys....

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
9 weeks old now, yesterday got 2 big smiles after hearing my voice, previous smiles all seems to be related to causing mayhem from the other end.

Weekend riding has dropped but commuting is up because the better half is not working and can do the school runs everyday.

A few more years and I'll have another riding buddy too.

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hornsby trails will have to wait. Jessica Elizabeth Fatman was born this morning at 5:38. 8.6 pounds. Mum and bub are doing well and Fatty is stoked.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Congrats Fatman! All the very best to you and yours. 8.6 is no lightweight either!

Our second, Matilda, is 4 and a half weeks now. She had her second weigh in a few days ago-in that 2 week period she put on almost a kg!! Big feeder.. The mrs can't keep up. And somehow with her blessing I just had a weekend with mates up at Mt Buller. Also racing up there with her blessing on Oz day weekend, and then on the Monday it's my little mans third birthday. Things are pretty good right now!!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Congrats Fatman, now you have a mini-Fatman!

Just don't drop her! Lol

My niece gave birth to a little boy on the 29th of Dec. I held him last night, so damn light compared to our 17month old!!!!!

Pete J

loves his dog
Hornsby trails will have to wait. Jessica Elizabeth Fatman was born this morning at 5:38. 8.6 pounds. Mum and bub are doing well and Fatty is stoked.
Congratulations to the whole family!
Hopefully your new arrival will settle in to life outside mums tum really quickly. :)
Our three kids are doing well and the youngest is the glue binding together our mob right now.
She is just so full of positive energy and it radiates onto everyone she meets, you can't help but love her at first sight.
Bath nights are a blast when they are all together. In fact, the youngest loves going to the bathroom so much that it's hard to keep her out of there.
She is 7.5 months old and has been crawling for almost a month. She also stands up at every opportunity, the success of which depends on the thing she used to climb up with.
It won't be too long before she is walking as it seems like she is in a mega hurry to catch up with the other two.
All the best to the other dads (new and old) out there as well.

botch

Likes Bikes
My first post to this thread....we had our secod son last sunday afternoon, nice healthy 3.87kg (8lb8.5oz)....a light weight compared to our first son, who came in at 4.37 kg(9lb9oz)!!

Like dunndog said, it's amazing how quickly you forget how small and dependant they are!! Looking forward to them getting older and getting them out on some trails :)

Tonyk

Squid
New dads riding.

Hi all,

Great to hear about the number of dads out there that are proud as punch of there kids. I am in the same boat with a 4 year old and a 1.5 year old. I am keen on a bit of social riding with people who know the constraints of life with kids. Can any of u point me in the right direct of threads about social rides or are any of you keen?? I am located in the innerwest of Sydney so would be interested in early morning or riding under lights anywhere in the Sydney area (lower blue mountains works as well). Interested in hearing from u if you have a crew that already rides these times or are interested in starting one.

Tony

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Old thread, and technically not a Dad yet, but hey.....f@ck it. The missus is being induced tomorrow, so wish me luck! Lets hope for a lil mtb rider!

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Old thread, and technically not a Dad yet, but hey.....f@ck it. The missus is being induced tomorrow, so wish me luck! Lets hope for a lil mtb rider!
Good luck mate! It can be tough at times, the sleepless nights and early mornings can take there toll, but there is nothing/no-one more deserving of this then your own child!:thumb:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
good job its winter, the only riding you gonna be doing for the next few months is around the back yard...but on the upside, gives you heaps of time to pull her down and over service the shizz out of your bike!
good luck with it all.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
So for anyone that cares.....The missus and I had a lil girl! Fu@ken amazing experience. Looks like there'll be a pink mtb being bought in the near future!