AM The New Foxy29

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
To match my 29er Flaremax I updated my Dune to a Foxy after finding the big wheels suit my size quite well after a few months getting used to them

'19 Mondraker Foxy XR
Fox 36 GRIP2
Fox DHX2 w/ MRP Progressive Coil Spring
Sram X01 Eagle
Sram X01 DUB Cranks
Sram Codes
Hope Rotors
DT Swiss EX1501 Wheels
Enve M7 38mm Carbon Bars
OnOff 30mm Stem
PNW 170mm Dropper
HT X2 Pedals
RevGrips Race Grips
Michelin Wild/Force Enduro Tyres

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Never been into Mondraker because of that awkward hump in the top tube... This is looking much nicer - colours aside.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Certainly different and you won't confuse your bike with someone else's at the trailhead.

How does it ride and where do you see it beating the competition?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Certainly different and you won't confuse your bike with someone else's at the trailhead.

How does it ride and where do you see it beating the competition?
I haven't picked up the wrong bike yet haha. It does get a few looks.

It rides great. Very efficient with the big wheels, the suspension platform for pedalling and the big hits.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't picked up the wrong bike yet haha. It does get a few looks.

It rides great. Very efficient with the big wheels, the suspension platform for pedalling and the big hits.
I've a fondness for these and Orbea too. They're both quite distinctive. You've also got a stunning spec on that too. Happy riding!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Sweet. Mate of mine is toying with the idea of upgrading to a coil on his Foxy as the small stuff can feel quite harsh if you're not riding at 110%. How do you find the coil? And what about the Michelin tyres?

BT180

Max Pfaff
God damned #FakeNews!
You should get an EXT as well (they come with two springs btw). The guy who sells them in Aus is really good to deal with, not to mention, custom valved for your frame. No brainer purchase if your aftermarket options are DHX's.
Yep, would look into that for sure. 2 springs is a massive bonus

Reactions: Zaf

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Sweet. Mate of mine is toying with the idea of upgrading to a coil on his Foxy as the small stuff can feel quite harsh if you're not riding at 110%. How do you find the coil? And what about the Michelin tyres?
The coil is great! With the trunnion mount having thr bearing the sensitivity is great. The suspension platform is quite linear so I've ordered a MRP Progressive spring to give it some progression towards the end of the stroke. The Michelins are fantastic in all conditions. These are my 2nd set and can't fault them.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Sweet, will have to give them a try. Was wondering how the could would go on the linear curve. Another mate of mine is also ordering the MRP progressive spring for his Process. Sounds like a goer.