AM The New Foxy29

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
No shit Tonto :rolleyes: just you seem to come across as having little clue about how this stuff works. And a condescending prat to boot.
Let's turn that frown upside down! Wake Jake has made an effort to share a thread about his awesome vessel and some people aren't agreeing with other people's understanding on how stuff works.
"Suspension is a mythical beast that has no exact answer and is never perfect, contrary to what anyone says otherwise". Yours truly, every single profession engineer who has ever studied and engineered a race car, bike, bicycle, remote control car, slot car, video game etc etc.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Well this escalated quickly I had to get the popcorn out haha. I measured my sag the other night and had 15mm-16mm sag. This made me stick with the 400lb. I do have a 450lb lying around which I should have probably tried before ordering the MRP. In the meantime while the MRP is in transit I will fit the 450lb and see. I do ride in a more forward position.
Zaf the police uniform got me over the line for buying the Foxy. Didn't really have anything else really on the shortlist tbh besides a Pole Machine. My brother just ordered a Stamina actually. I love the Dune XR which I still have. I just wanted a little more of an all rounder and both bikes being the same wheelsize. The sizing and spec for the price I paid is very reasonable to other boutique brands. I also like to have something a bit different.

Reactions: Zaf

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
MRP spring arrived today. Only took 4 days from Murica. I have hit the bottom out bumper a number of times. The sag is correct so hopefully this can balance out things with adding some progression at the end of the stroke.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
No real changes except a higher rise Enve M7 bar and some new Michelin tyres. Couple of snaps from Derby and Maydena doing 6x days straight of riding. Maydena this time around with alot more double black and single black technical trails was insanely good. Just not anything like it anywhere else. Managed to get the big wheels to fly

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No real changes except a higher rise Enve M7 bar and some new Michelin tyres. Couple of snaps from Derby and Maydena doing 6x days straight of riding. Maydena this time around with alot more double black and single black technical trails was insanely good. Just not anything like it anywhere else. Managed to get the big wheels to fly
View attachment 352465
View attachment 352466
View attachment 352467
View attachment 352468
Did you case that last jump?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Very nice bike.

I almost went a foxy 29 over my Mega but the cost I couldn't justify at the time.
Fair call the Commencals are super value that's hard to pass up. You can get surprisingly good prices on Mondrakers in aus if you ask. Better pricing than Santa Cruz and the like.

HindleJ

Squid
Fair call the Commencals are super value that's hard to pass up. You can get surprisingly good prices on Mondrakers in aus if you ask. Better pricing than Santa Cruz and the like.
Nukeproof Mega sorry I got frame only and it was over 1k more for a foxy 29 xr (alloy) which I couldn't justify.
I deal with offthebrakes they are legends.