The New Northbridge Pump Track - Now Open - now with Vids

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1
im super keen for a decent pump track to be built even though im not local im still fair keen and willing to come and lend a hand.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Guys

meeting the council member at the site on Fri morn 9.30am

if anyone is interested in popping down please do...we will need more community support soon but it would be good to have a good turn up on Fri if some of you are free

Thanks

Mark

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't postpone till next friday..... this friday 9.30 holds some significance to me and alot of other people (HSC English Paper 2) . Good luck Mark, I'll come have a dig and bit of a film too!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys met with the Parks and Reserves Co-ordinator from Willoughby Council this morning with Nicho and a few others

meeting was very positive and it looks like that it should be easy to do as this land has already been allocated for this type of use, could even happen quickly if we get enough support from the community

We are proposing that the whole track be bulldozed and start again. The existing main straight of the track will have a set of DJ style table tops (not doubles) sloped at a different height from left to right, for different degrees of difficulty based on riding skill and experience. everyone from Beginner to advanced , all ages can hone their skills without fear of gaps or injury. thse can also be linked up with te pump track...

The Bottom part of the track that has the large berm will be made into the Pump track Loop which can be hit in any direction which basically will figure 8. this will consist mainly of berms and 1 foot high rollers. the challenge will be to continue around the pump track without pedalling of course and using just technique and skill to build up your momentum. The skillful amongst us should be able to double some of the rollers

The idea is to make this facility a safe place available for people of all ages and skill levels

attached is a rough draft of what we think it should look like, obviously we haven't measured it out yet but will give you a general idea of what we think it should look like...

View attachment pump track draft 1.pdf

we now need your support by emailing the council so we can show there is genuine community interest

If you could kindly email a brief letter with the following details it would be much appreciated

Name
Email address
Ph no

Stating that you have heard about the discussions around the redesign of this facility and that you support it, and if possible would be willing to lend a hand

reasons why you think this upgrade would be beneficial eg. I said that it means I dont have to travel as far if I feel like riding off road and my son would benefit greatly from riding this type of facility on his bicycle

Any other suggestions such as sheltered areas, BBQ area, water drinking facilities etc

Please forward these emails to

Adam.Cole@Willoughby.nsw.gov.au

please advise via this thread if you have sent an email in so we can keep track of numbers...

Please get your mates to chip in as well

Thanks

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys,

I need about 30 people to write in with their support in the before mentioned format
Got just under 6 weeks to get it in before the next draft meeting,so let us know if you have fired an email off

Kitoff

Flow Mountain Bike
I've emailed an expression of support for the proposal. I'll have my work mates do the same as well as putting up a call for other emails of support on the AMB Blog.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to all of those who have submitted their support, and the willingness to get involved

Here is the latest response from the council

"Thank you all for your support for a re-design of the current BMX jumps at Northbridge to create a “Pump Track”. Council is in the middle of a consultation process with the community in regard to the whole open space area (Northbridge Masterplan) around the existing jumps. I will submit your comments as recommendations.

Again thank you for your support and judging by the interest displayed already for the pump track it would be hard for the council to ignore.

Regards

Adam Cole

Parks and Reserves Co-ordinator

Willoughby City Council

Ph. 02 9777 7798

Fax 02 9413 2165

Mob 0409 983 112

adam.cole@willoughby.nsw.gov.au"

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I believe 20 submissions have been recieved by the council

almost there guys...lets hit 30!

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quite impressed with the reply since it was sent at 6.38am, looks council workers might actually be working ;). Were definitely on the right track.

Thanks for your e-mail. I will add it to the others we have already received. It looks as though there is overwhelming support for the pump track.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep it seems this council has a willingness to work with cyclists, and our contact there is a MTB'er himself

There is even talk of a short XC loop in the area eventually so I guess if we can do things the right way we will be doing ourselves a huge favour

Ok, I have just received an email from the council...

To get things moving quickly I now need to write a letter directly to the 3 Councillors. In this letter I need to describe some key benefits to the Community that this "skills" park may provide

so guys if you could post some benefits that I can add to my email it would be greatly appreciated.

also to those that know the site, we need ideas as to keep people and children from entering the groundswell (small bush regeneration area)behind the big berm. There has been rubbish dumped there in the past and someone has tried to carve some trails thru there

so looking forward to getting your input...

thanks again everyone for your support

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Im in Artarmon and over 18 if I can help you out. Ill be there for the digging also.