The New Sh*t Thread

Cal M

Likes Bikes
i know that, but which part come undone so that the bars will come loose?
Look closely, there is a slight split between the back of the handlebars and the stem. Obviously clamps down from the top.

Looks kinda gross in any case imo.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
The top plate comes in on an angle kinda like this \ and then clamps in so its all smooth. The clearances on it were very small so it looked very much like a one piece stem, as you can see in the photos. It may not be the nicest looking stem, but its good that some companies are giving other stem designs a go. Looks better than some of the other cut out crap stems we've seen on the market the last couple years.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Belco skatepark is getting a massive makeover soon. Here are the plans-

"The design will retain the existing ‘Belco Bowl’ and will include a new street skate plaza with a mix of sculptures/obstacles, mini ramp, shelters, seating, new lighting and viewing areas. The upgrade aims to produce a high quality skate park of contemporary international skating and bmx standard with a focus on street skating to reflect demand and to offer a different, but complimentary experience to other skate parks in Canberra.

The project will involve two stages of work with commencement of construction in November 2010. The first stage of work includes the skate park and immediate public realm. Funding for the first stage of the upgrade has been provided through the Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program, a Commonwealth Government initiative. The ACT Government is providing matching funding.

The skate park is due for completion by April 2011. Upgrade works to the public realm surrounding the skate park is due for completion by June 2011. Stage 2 works include the establishment of wetlands within the inlet, boardwalks, shelters, a new bridge, toilet block and refurbishment of the promenade area adjacent the inlet."

D

Deleted member 18757

my new box
Looks solid, how much did it all cost to make?
Greg and I found this perfect piece of rail lying around Brookvale that we made into a grind rail, have to get photos and post them up some time.

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks solid, how much did it all cost to make?
Greg and I found this perfect piece of rail lying around Brookvale that we made into a grind rail, have to get photos and post them up some time.
the wood costed $150-200 for good quality ply + treated pine beams from Bunnings. coping was way too expensive from there, so I ended up getting a local steel place to cut angle to the right length for me and countersink screw holes, was only $80 all up.
i'm happy with how it turned out, it's heaps solid and smooth, the only thing is it's a bitch to move around, so I might cut a couple of handles out of one end.

Hey look! These Ody Hoodies are cool!

Yay!

And these Animal Hubs look amaaaaaazzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiinnnnngggg! SQUIRT!

HAZAR!

ROTORBURN FASCISTS CENSORED MY POST! DANG!

Last edited: