The new Specialized Enduro 29er

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Thoughts?

Im still waiting for my Rune 2 replacement frame (Been 6 months...) but having just seen this come out im wondering........Has anybody had a go on one of these? does the 29er work for long travel? Anybody got any info?

finksta

Likes Dirt
I don't think it's available until may, plenty of videos and early reviews on the Web though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thoughts?

Im still waiting for my Rune 2 replacement frame (Been 6 months...) but having just seen this come out im wondering........Has anybody had a go on one of these? does the 29er work for long travel? Anybody got any info?
I have a Bandit 29 with 140mm of travel and I find it deals with everything my 160mm Slayer does. I assume the Enduro will be better still with shorter stays and stiffer build.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a Bandit 29 with 140mm of travel and I find it deals with everything my 160mm Slayer does. I assume the Enduro will be better still with shorter stays and stiffer build.
OMG, Dags complimenting a Enduro ....:tape:

What next, you like 27.5 ??:lol:

wintortree

Likes Dirt
Are you running a longer shock to get 140mm or are you just talking fork. I'm thinking about running a 7..875x2.25 to see if I can get a little bit more travell to save on buying another frame. Would be keen to know if it works.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you running a longer shock to get 140mm or are you just talking fork. I'm thinking about running a 7..875x2.25 to see if I can get a little bit more travell to save on buying another frame. Would be keen to know if it works.
140 Fox 34 fork and 130mm CTD fox rear. Had the choice to use the Bandit or the Slayer on a recent gravity enduro and after practise runs on both, the Bandit was easily quicker. The course included some proper rockgardens and a 4m creek gap jump.

The bandit was quicker down (although the Slayer is probably more confidence inspiring due to it's stiffness) but the climb back up on the course made the Bandit a no brainer.

A mate has a Transition Covert 29 which is 140mm both ends and built a bit more burlier than the Bandit. I think the Enduro 29 will be along the same line...

wintortree

Likes Dirt
140 Fox 34 fork and 130mm CTD fox rear. Had the choice to use the Bandit or the Slayer on a recent gravity enduro and after practise runs on both, the Bandit was easily quicker. The course included some proper rockgardens and a 4m creek gap jump.

The bandit was quicker down (although the Slayer is probably more confidence inspiring due to it's stiffness) but the climb back up on the course made the Bandit a no brainer.

A mate has a Transition Covert 29 which is 140mm both ends and built a bit more burlier than the Bandit. I think the Enduro 29 will be along the same line...
Yea I hope the enduro is more burlier as I would like just a little more travel then my bandit 29 has. I might need to replace the rp23 on my bandit 29. It's great for general trail riding but just when it get rough it just blows through the travel to fast.

I've been looking at if I can run a 7.875 x 2.25 shock on it and seeing if that gives me around 140mm of travel. Ive got offset bushings so i think i can make it work. If that works then will look at a new rock shox pike 160mm fork. And not have to spend a huge amount of money on a new bike.

Will let you know how I get on.

Last edited: