The Next Generation - Episode 3

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry it's really late had heaps of camera/computer troubles as well as school exams, riding myself and just being real lazy. To make up for it it's a double episode with two riders so it's twice as long.

Episode 3 follows two close friends from inner Sydney, Mark Conliffe and Nic Bohle who have both been improving a lot of late and achieving some good race results.

The Stromlo National Round (featured in the video) was Mark's first ever National Round and he finished with a respectable 14th position. In the first two rounds of the NSW State Downhill Series he has also achieved a 4th place at Thredbo and at Awaba last weekend qualified second with an average run before crashing out two-thirds of the way down the track when he decided it would be a good idea if he did a barhump over the "Wombat" gap. This resulted in his pants getting caught on the seat and having an insanely big crash so his bike was unrideable to the finish line. Nic also achieved a 5th place in the first round at Thredbo before crashing out in his race run at Awaba and finishing 16th. Nic raced the entire 2009/10 National Series and finished just outside of the top ten in the overall standings even though he could not compete in one of the rounds because of injury.
  • The Sounds : Queen of Apology
  • Something with Numbers : Apple of the Eye
  • MGMT (Chiddy Bang Remix) : Kids

................Pinkbike (preferable)
Vimeo

Wow I wrote a lot, Enjoy

Last edited:

sampo1

Likes Dirt
Loved It. Are those guys based on the North Shore of Sydney? Thought they were both really pinned and flowey.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Nic,that was a blast to watch mate;you really have your vid stuff dialled {and you blokes are pinnin your local trails}..Cheers Rick..:):)

bighitben

Likes Dirt
That was sick as. Makes it even cooler that one of those trails is my local, and that Nic was up there today and i didn't even know that was him.

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck yeah Nick, been waiting too see this one for a while. Loved Marks second bit with the half face, so pinned. Nic's a decent rider too =p...
We were discussing Nic's bike today at Snives. Haha. Just whats parts are still alive.

Tom.

Last edited:

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck yeah Nick, been waiting too see this one for a while. Loved Marks second bit with the half face, so pinned. Nic's a decent rider too =p...
We were discussing Nic's bike today at Snives. Haha. Just whats parts are still alive.

Tom.
Yeah my favourite sections was Mark with his XC helmet and the last bit of Nic at Oxford Falls. That happens to be what I've filmed most recently aswell so that's a good thing. Yeah Nic's bike is in quite the state at the moment, with his sideways travel and all =p Probably too much booning...

That was filth! A lesson in editing..
"Filth". Hmm where I come from that means shite, if you could tell me what in particular was bad or how I could improve that would be good.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
"Filth". Hmm where I come from that means shite, if you could tell me what in particular was bad or how I could improve that would be good.
I'm pretty sure he just means it was awesome, and that the way you edited the shots with the music and all that was really good.

Last edited:

nskz

Likes Dirt
what?
GOOD JOB NICK KEEP IT UP
really was great
thumbs up :)
I think what he said translates to "That was awesome! Everyone could learn something from the editing in this, it's that good". That's how I read it anyway.

Re the video what else can you say, SICK!

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty sure he just means it was awesome, and that the way you edited the shots with the music and all that was really good.
Ahk, learn something new everyday haha. C&C is welcome and appreciated though.

Also if you like it favourite it on pinkbike and hopefully it will get VOD so the riders get more exposure :D

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I liked the 1st rider's ... off the log hip/whip correction thing ...
I also liked the XC lid section

feedback
I didn't like the blurry fade to rider in the first Strom section ... and I think you used the same corners a couple times in the Xc lid section ... but I'm just nit picking now ... nice work. :cool:

nice riding all round to the fellas

lbroy

Likes Dirt
That was sick as. Makes it even cooler that one of those trails is my local, and that Nic was up there today and i didn't even know that was him.
haha me to! i was watching it then half way through i was like hey! i was riding on the same track as him today haha.

sick video!