The official running thread

I think, fingers crossed, that the knee issue I have been experiencing has quietened down.

Essentially I was getting a sore knee after running or riding hard up some tough hills.

I noticed that my knee cap would click from time to time which I believe is the knee cap not tracking correctly as you bend the knee. I was also informed that one hip is higher than the other, probably an imbalance caused by desk job.

So I tried some off the shelf orthotics for when I'm just walking around (not riding or running) and after 3 weeks I reckon they are doing the trick. Got a bit of lower leg pain at first as bits n pieces adjusted but all seems pretty good now.

Will look soon at upping the pace on my 5km runs and then upping the distance, gonna take it real slow coz I aint no spring chicken.

dej

Likes Bikes
Anyone had ITBFS and managed to completely get rid of it?
I had it first in 2009 when i was running 3 times a week (about 45kms) which i had built up from 4km runs over about 6 months.
I had a lot of physio sessions and stopped running altogether. When i started again, my other leg started having symptoms and this time i've not been able to get rid of it.
Sometimes i get out for a run and make it 3kms, sometimes its 1km.
Some workmates and I have been doing a bit of a challenge the past two months, started as 12k run / 12 chinups and last week we did 15k run, 15 chinups. I managed to get through both but the itband was starting to get tight in the last 2km.

I do a variety of stretches usually 4 or 5 times a week but certainly to happy to hear from anyone who has managed to get through it.

gregb

Likes Dirt
Anyone else in for a run tommorrow with Sydney Running Festival?

I am lining up for the marathon, but it may get ugly as I feel like I have the start of a cold this morning.