The Official TDF 2005 Megathread

DW-1

Dirt Works
JohnJohn said:
You're on. Dunno WTF I'm bringing to the table though. I'd offer to sub-edit your website, but it looks like someone already has (at last! :) )
That would be the ever pedantic (and owner of a dictionary) Chuan.

Not to slide too far off topic... But how about that win by Belinda Granger at Roth?

(on a BMC... token road/TDF reference)

Elvis.

DW-1

Dirt Works
swinna said:
so elvis and wayne are the same person! cool! I use to work with Jeremy Barber at chatswood before he was repping for you guys, now i'm at King St Cyclery.
ahhh... ok.

Jez is now at Burwood Cycleworld.

Small industry.

Elvis.

swinna

Likes Bikes
Yeah, i catch up with jez evry now and then for a spin in the mountains.

You going for Floyd because he rides a BMC? :p

DW-1

Dirt Works
swinna said:
You going for Floyd because he rides a BMC? :p
I think that he learnt a lot from King Lance. But I don't believe that this is his year. Not yet.

But next year...

Elvis.

swinna

Likes Bikes
Damn that Pro machine looks sweet (drooling at mouth...keyboard now wet)
any of them coming to our town elvis?

DW-1

Dirt Works
swinna said:
Damn that Pro machine looks sweet (drooling at mouth...keyboard now wet)
any of them coming to our town elvis?
Samples ordered. Will be on display at the Bicycling Australia Show in October. Will then be tested by Ride Cycling review and cycling news (right Johnjohn?)

Actual stock is claimed to be shipping in Oct.

Elvis.

DW-1

Dirt Works
swinna said:
So, who's riding these "samples"...
talk to the magazine editor and bike test guys at cycling news.

I have no idea. We just set up the bikes to suit the riders height etc.

Elvis.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Bringing the back to TDF (althought only teniously). JJJ morning radio "J and the Dr." were banging on about O'Grady and McEwen. Said it was great for the sport and they should be jousting. After watching it myself, I think McEwens head body was pulled down the first time with elbow going underneath Stuies (ride a road bike and drag your elbow down, your head goes down, you don't have a choice). The 2nd time though looks a lot more delibrate though, desperately trying to create an opening.

It will be interesting to hear what Roy and HG say about it on the weekend.

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
I have but one thing to say...last nights/ yesterdays TTT was the most exciting finish i've ever watched. my god that was a close race, and so unlucky for the CSC team to lose their leading ridier 1.5km's fro the finish.

ASH

m_g

Likes Dirt
Bonnet said:
I have but one thing to say...last nights/ yesterdays TTT was the most exciting finish i've ever watched. my god that was a close race, and so unlucky for the CSC team to lose their leading ridier 1.5km's fro the finish.

ASH
was a great race....did anyone stay up to see if Zabriskie was ok...he looked pretty hagard coming in to the line (as you would be after crashing at 60km/h)...

Can someone explain how the TTT contributes to individual points tally and individual time???

Cheers