The pet thread, post em up!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Got myself a workshop dog. Actually my daughter now has a dog but a 4mth old puppy can’t be left at home so she will be with me 4 days a week.
She’s a rescue. Abandoned litter in NSW. sent to a shelter melbs for some reason then to a first foster with the litter then to a second foster by herself and now with us. Poor thing doesn’t know what the he’ll is going on. View attachment 408692
Mostly a Kelpie?

I know they love to chew sticks and woody stuff, but it's not the best for them

Jpez

Down on the left!
Mostly a Kelpie?

I know they love to chew sticks and woody stuff, but it's not the best for them
Definitely some kelpie. Some staffie probably English and the rest no idea. She is definitely very smart so Im guessing that’s the kelpie in her.
She does chew sticks but it usually gets left in a pile. It’s all spat back out as far as I can tell but good to know.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Jpez did we get dogs from the same place? Very similar story to the 'little' guy we got 6 weeks ago.
4.5 months old, he's already at 25kg despite being advertised as a 'medium' dog....

View attachment 408700
Possibly. Your mutt looks a lot bigger than ours. We were actually looking a whitish staffie x at first but didn’t get that one.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very similar story to our little rescue, who has just recently turned 6. We got her at 10 weeks, shelter said she was a lab/kelpie mix. We did a DNA test and turned out she had no kelpie at all lol.
Is half lab, then qtr A staff, English Staff then Mastif and some obscure mountain dog for the rest.
Screenshot_20240417_193031_Gallery.jpg

Jpez

Down on the left!
Very similar story to our little rescue, who has just recently turned 6. We got her at 10 weeks, shelter said she was a lab/kelpie mix. We did a DNA test and turned out she had no kelpie at all lol.
Is half lab, then qtr A staff, English Staff then Mastif and some obscure mountain dog for the rest.
View attachment 408702
It’s gotta be pretty hard at a shelter trying to determine a dogs breed when most pups look the same. We just googled Staffie/kelpie x and it was a spot on match for ours but who knows. Was the dna test costly?

Flow-Rider

Burner
No idea really but going off what the shelter thinks she is, this photo of a kelpie puppy and she’s actually a pretty small dog. I don’t see and Doberman or Rotweiler in her IRL but no idea really.
View attachment 408699
Those shelters usually say anything, my neighbours thought they were getting a German shepherd, but it ended up being a Dachshund cross.
You'll see what it is when it gets older, most puppies all look similar.

The facial and feet colours remind me of Doberman or Rottweiler but the body and head shape is different.

1713346429648.png

1713347870087.png

1713346612066.png

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Looks like we have another pup coming at some point... We have Sam the 14yo mini foxie cross (and possibly King Charles spaniel...?), and Issa the 8yo Italian Greyhound/Mii foxie cross. They are good for each other, but dont play so much.

But through a friend in Canberra there is an 11yo mini foxie whose elderly owner may not be there for her much longer... And the family doesn't want to deal with the dog and was intending to put it down... So Kirsty put her hand up for her. Guess we will be a three dog family at some point!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Its a good age for another one.... It probably sounds horrible, but we will need a break from puppies at some point to enable some serious OS travelling!

binner

Hath shat hymself
Got myself a workshop dog. Actually my daughter now has a dog but a 4mth old puppy can’t be left at home so she will be with me 4 days a week.
She’s a rescue. Abandoned litter in NSW. sent to a shelter melbs for some reason then to a first foster with the litter then to a second foster by herself and now with us. Poor thing doesn’t know what the he’ll is going on. View attachment 408692
happy pup.....look after her..looks like she could keep up on the local trails too!!!