The pet thread, post em up!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I hate it when they get punished (presumably put in the crate) and they are still sporting the grin.

these two are show dogs, the cage is their safe place that they choose to go to regularly. within 5 mins of getting in, they are usually asleep. definitely not a place of punishment. see how the ears are up, an upset/sad samoyed will have their ears down

golden path

Banned
Dectar up in Cobram. He's 6 months now and already three times the size. Can't run him properly yet because he's still a pup, but he's already wickedly fast and seems to have endless stamina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hunted pigs up Cape York a while back, with some blokes who had a Viz as a finding dog. I've never seen a dog run around unaffected in the heat like that, finding pig after pig. Even when we stopped for a break, he'd quickly lap up some water and go again. Lovely nature too.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thanks, you just basically told me that my dog has zero remorse for the troubles he causes. :(

were you unprepared for the sheer mayhem puppy samoyeds are? They are very social animals, more so then the average dog. it either needs to spend all day with a human, or needs a companion. if you have a companion, EVERYTHING is at risk, very destructive.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hunted pigs up Cape York a while back, with some blokes who had a Viz as a finding dog. I've never seen a dog run around unaffected in the heat like that, finding pig after pig. Even when we stopped for a break, he'd quickly lap up some water and go again. Lovely nature too.
Yep, apparently why they're great running/trail dogs. Don't need as much water and are much more resistant to overheating.

Bonus pic - Bike24 goodie box put to good use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niki125

Likes Dirt
He's a dead ringer for my boy. I adopted him and was told at the time Wolf Hound but who knows. This is Hugo the shop dog, tows me to work on the bike most days. Absolute champion!

Cool. Sounds like he's all over it and he'll be rewarded with a sensational dog.

They start out smooth coated, and start fluffing up around 12 months old and take about two years to be full grown.

This is my deerhound Flash. Beautiful dog and he was my pride and joy.

He finished at 50kg and 32 inches at the shoulder and TBH was a silly sausage for the first two years and a real handful.

The new bloke is about the same size already and I expect he'll be slightly bigger in the end, with wolfhound in him. His beard is deffo bigger, LOL. This one is a bit silly too, not quite as bad and both dogs would pull the washing off the line all the time.

We saw a pure, white wolfhound a few months back, who was 90kg and looked like a polar bear. :bounce:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
were you unprepared for the sheer mayhem puppy samoyeds are? They are very social animals, more so then the average dog. it either needs to spend all day with a human, or needs a companion. if you have a companion, EVERYTHING is at risk, very destructive.
Yes totally unprepared. It's a pretty needy breed and the 3 year old maltese shitzu does nothing for it's companionship. I think they have agreed never to interact with each other - it's really amazing actually. He's learned that yapping does nothing, taking sock might solicit a response but stealing my phone will certainly get me off the couch. Can't even simply watch tv with this dog.

But the positives they are such a friendly breed and aside from chewing everything basically really passive and not a shred of aggression.

stirk

Burner
So I was walking/running the rotund brown eat everything brown Labrador just now through the local gully and just as we got into the trail she decided it was pooping time. Well she tried and tried to squeeze a nugget out but what happened next had me in stitches.

A lime green coloured nugget eventually came out but was dangling by a string of something. It was hanging 2 inches from the buttholeus like a tea bag.

Poor dog was wondering what was going on and started doing the poop walk every couple of meters trying to keep pooping as she could feel something still attached, just dangling there.

I had to get sticks and use them like chopsticks to break the string and free the nugget.

The thing was lime green and full of green foam bits, only she knows what she ate!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So I was walking/running the rotund brown eat everything brown Labrador just now through the local gully and just as we got into the trail she decided it was pooping time. Well she tried and tried to squeeze a nugget out but what happened next had me in stitches.

A lime green coloured nugget eventually came out but was dangling by a string of something. It was hanging 2 inches from the buttholeus like a tea bag.

Poor dog was wondering what was going on and started doing the poop walk every couple of meters trying to keep pooping as she could feel something still attached, just dangling there.

I had to get sticks and use them like chopsticks to break the string and free the nugget.

The thing was lime green and full of green foam bits, only she knows what she ate!
Eating long grass. Manual extraction time.

binner

Hath shat hymself

thats too much grass eating.....my bassets did it all the time....its no sweat, just you gotta clean the sphincter with baby wipes.... its like being a new dad o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
My big sook just hangin out while I play computer games on the decking.

Edit: photo too large, will sort out later