The pet thread, post em up!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Cats vs dogs could be a real personality identifier. I’ve been fond of both in the past but can’t see myself getting another cat, even though they’re amusing farkers at times.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
One of them told Burt that they rule, he begged to differ. I guess one day him and the neighbors will work it out.
My 15yo staffy got nipped by a goddamn corgi at the beach today. Poor old bastard, deaf and half one eye. Take him back a few years and that fuzz ball would have regretted it !

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cats vs dogs could be a real personality identifier. I’ve been fond of both in the past but can’t see myself getting another cat, even though they’re amusing farkers at times.
I don't have a preference for cat or dog either. Have had both and don't mind either.

Cats are pretty independent and do their own thing. That is good and bad. As soon as I stand up the cat steals my spot on the couch and won't move. He doesn't care.

Dogs are more fun and loyal overall but I don't have to worry about taking a cat for a walk.

You are the cats staff. They like having. minions to do their stuff for them.

Either are more fun than fish.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
This thread is gold!

Here is a pic our blue whippet Dash and Our Brindle Lab x Whippet Juno. They are best mates and also our best mates!! They love a run!!
Dash is a good name for a long pointy dog ;)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
We're currently house-sitting and can't have our two greyhounds with us. Not having them around sucks. They bring so much joy when they're with us. They've been staying with my sister and her staff cross kelpie and now with another lady with 2 greyhounds of her own.

We had a behavioural consult with a vet for Dash to try and sort out the fear aggression and his biting of Pippa. I went into the consult thinking we'd come away with some practical tips to help, but all the vet did was push drugs on us. Disappointing for such a pricey appointment. When Dash retired from racing he had an Adaptil collar on, so we decided to try that again and he has been much more settled and less anxious, so I think we will keep that up for him.

We will be in our new house soon and I'm hoping the new yard will be a better set up for keeping him calm as he won't be able to see dogs and people walking past and will have a few nice and quiet spots to retreat to.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
We're currently house-sitting and can't have our two greyhounds with us. Not having them around sucks. They bring so much joy when they're with us. They've been staying with my sister and her staff cross kelpie and now with another lady with 2 greyhounds of her own.

We had a behavioural consult with a vet for Dash to try and sort out the fear aggression and his biting of Pippa. I went into the consult thinking we'd come away with some practical tips to help, but all the vet did was push drugs on us. Disappointing for such a pricey appointment. When Dash retired from racing he had an Adaptil collar on, so we decided to try that again and he has been much more settled and less anxious, so I think we will keep that up for him.

We will be in our new house soon and I'm hoping the new yard will be a better set up for keeping him calm as he won't be able to see dogs and people walking past and will have a few nice and quiet spots to retreat to.
I think the responsible pet owner would take up smoking marijuana at this point to passively pacify the pooch.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We had a rescue Great Dane before the lunatic we have now. He is a brilliant dog, but his prey drive was huge, although he never ever chased to kill. He caught the cat one night, spent 10 mins running around the yard before he realised what he'd done, then laid him down ever so gently.

Anyway, he taught himself to climb a 7 foot high chicken wire fence to get to the chickens, went nuts whenever a roo bounced past and was getting more and more anxious everday. We re-homed him to a guy with 9 foot colourbond fences and from all reports has settled right down without all the extra stimulation.

Miss the big doofus.

safreek

We had a rescue Great Dane before the lunatic we have now. He is a brilliant dog, but his prey drive was huge, although he never ever chased to kill. He caught the cat one night, spent 10 mins running around the yard before he realised what he'd done, then laid him down ever so gently.

Anyway, he taught himself to climb a 7 foot high chicken wire fence to get to the chickens, went nuts whenever a roo bounced past and was getting more and more anxious everday. We re-homed him to a guy with 9 foot colourbond fences and from all reports has settled right down without all the extra stimulation.

Miss the big doofus.

Bloody Dane's just can't help but to chase, anything. Bad as greyhounds.

binner

Hath shat hymself
................its been about 4 months since getting ol Striker and I think he likes his new life, he lost a lot of weight and we are now getting him back on track, off to vet tomorrow for weigh in.....
he has soo much energy now and is an awesome bassett, so good with my girls and a great guard dog, he couldnt run and play when we first got him... soo cool to see how he has changed in 4 months....
check it here