The pet thread, post em up!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Condolences @safreek and @creaky, its horrible losing a pup... I can't imagine how my partner and I would be coping in the current stay-at-home climate without our pup to defuse tensions! Damn Burt was a handsome beast, no doubt he'll be sorely missed.

binner

Hath shat hymself
...so this afternoon was a shit day for my fam and Stryker, we found out just over a week ago he had a 11cm tumour on his pancreas and was finding it difficult to stand up, breath etc.... internal bleeds and just plain down and unhappy. We were being selfish in trying to keep him, made the family decision today to send him off with our other 2 bassett's out there in wherever they are land.
We only got him as a rescue about 19 months ago and knew he was an old bassett and knew he was an overweight fat boy , he had the best life with us we could give, we did manage to shed some of that weight off him so he could walk with us and play around in the back yard.
Its only been a few hours but i miss him soooo much..... pics are of his last few hours with the family, he was such a trooper.
love ya buddy......

Attachments

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I’m sorry man, losing your 4 legged family member is always horrible.
Huge respect for taking in an old fella and giving him some good twilight years.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Man thats rough, condolences to you. Sounds like he had a comfortable last few years in your family even if you did make him excercise.