The pet thread, post em up!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m split on the ethics of rehoming Greyhounds, yes, it’s no doubt a lovely dog that should go to a loving home after the BS that is the gambling industry, then again they are over breed for gambling and every one that is rehomed is one less home a dog at the pound can go too.
And even after all this reform BS 2300 greyhounds went ‘missing’ from the industry last year, thats 6 dogs a day getting the bullet cause they no longer win races.

safreek

Or just any rescue, don’t pay some breeder los of cash when dogs are getting put down at pounds :(
I'm sort of off the pound dogs.
Ol burtie was a rescue and adorable, but was truely Skitzo, had dog phycology experts and dog whisperers tell me they could change him, nope.
Some dogs have gone through to much to be normal.
I Will be honest, it was probably Lucky that he died when getting looked at as he probably would of killed someone eventually. I still believe that the vet intentionally did it.
I was going to leave my partner to keep him
PART_1586240347768.jpg

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I’m split on the ethics of rehoming Greyhounds, yes, it’s no doubt a lovely dog that should go to a loving home after the BS that is the gambling industry, then again they are over breed for gambling and every one that is rehomed is one less home a dog at the pound can go too.
And even after all this reform BS 2300 greyhounds went ‘missing’ from the industry last year, thats 6 dogs a day getting the bullet cause they no longer win races.
That has nothing to do with rehoming though - saying that adopting greyhounds leaves "one less home" for other dogs needing adoption is a bit like the "queue jumpers" commentary re: asylum seekers. Greyhound adoption doesn't encourage the racing "industry" in any way, it just results in fewer of those "missing" animals you speak of. Not everyone will want to rehome a greyhound (though they should!! :p) just as not everyone wants to adopt a staffy or other bully breed. It's the ethics of racing that are fucked, not the ethics of rehoming.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Thats really sad....

We've been lucky with rescues, Sam is mostly just very timid and skittish, not aggressive (which being a mini foxie cross only would only be a danger to himself if he had a go at a big dog...).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe the ran so fast they escaped their master?

stirk

Burner
My dog is crazy for cicadas, while I've never tasted one so cannot confirm if their crunch or gooey guts are palatable they seem to be quite tasty to her. Is anyone else's dogs going crazy for cicadas?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My dog is crazy for cicadas, while I've never tasted one so cannot confirm if their crunch or gooey guts are palatable they seem to be quite tasty to her. Is anyone else's dogs going crazy for cicadas?
I really think you should take one for the team and eat one now. I'm dying to know. I'm thinking a cross between peanut butter and snot.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A massive dragonfly flew into the house last night, tell you one thing, my dog went nuts for that thing. Almost had a repeat of the dog and squirrel scene from Lampoons Christmas vacation!