The pet thread, post em up!

Minlak

custom titis
Thank you all for the support - Hard part is coming home and not having him come to meet you - sure he was looking for a handout but it made you feel wanted :)
We get him back on Wednesday from the Cremation Place so we will have him near again.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Thank you all for the support - Hard part is coming home and not having him come to meet you - sure he was looking for a handout but it made you feel wanted :)
We get him back on Wednesday from the Cremation Place so we will have him near again.
Get a nice Potted plant (a tree perhaps) and scetter the ashes in that. The tree/plant is a great way to remember a pet. And I guarantee you, it gets looked after better than the rest of the garden.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
We lost our last Cocker about this time last year, she was 10yro when she was surrendered to us, we got almost four good years with her. I'd had Cockers and Cockaliers for 35 years, love the breed/s. One of my dog grooming clients has a little fluffy i groom, her hubby breeds Heelers, having retired off a farm in Guyra. When i mentioned i'd had to have our old girl put down, he came out with his pick of his (at the time) current litter, and told me to take my pick...

This is Polkadot Dorothy, DotDot for short, an ACDxASTCD :) she's a year old now.

Minlak

custom titis
This is Bailey everyone - Everyone this is Bailey - 2yr old Rescue Doggo we got on the weekend - No one actually knows his breed the eyes and head suggest Husky and or Border Collie - The demeanor suggests Border Collie to me and the markings are similar but obviously lighter.
I wasn't ready for a new Doggo but Happy Wife Happy Life.

As a rescue you get to adopt their built in traits already - this is my chair that he seems to need - He does listen though so quite polite.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
This Bailey everyone - Everyone this is Bailey - 2yr old Rescue Doggo we got on the weekend - No one actually knows his bread they eyes and head suggest Husky and or Border Collie - The demeanor suggests Border Collie to me and the markings are similar but obviously lighter.
Nice one, glad he looks comfortable right away.

Breed wise, tail and body look very labrador to be honest, maybe just the angle though. Silly little ears are very collie or even staffy. Quality bitsa right there :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is Bailey everyone - Everyone this is Bailey - 2yr old Rescue Doggo we got on the weekend - No one actually knows his breed the eyes and head suggest Husky and or Border Collie - The demeanor suggests Border Collie to me and the markings are similar but obviously lighter.

As a rescue you get to adopt their built in traits already - this is my chair that he seems to need - He does listen though so quite polite.

View attachment 374309
I'm pretty sure you have scored yourself a purebred Scottish deer hound @Minlak. Good find!

Norco Maniac

Is back!

View attachment 374309

The eye colour and markings suggest Husky x, i'd love to see more photos to make a more informed guess though. What's his coat like? Husky coats stand out at almost right angles unlike most dogs.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Sadly as this covid situation will start to wind down and some folk obtained dogs as a distraction realise it was a great idea at the time but are a bit over it now.
We will see a big influx of surrendered dogs, it's happening in Perth now with one shelter not being able to receive anymore, the tight rental market being blamed but I think it's not just that.
A Dog's for life in my book.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ my mum lot her dog in the middle of last year (Hungarian Puli) and wanted a new dog asap, only to discover a shortage. I suggested at the time there would soon be a plentiful supply of dogs needing to be rescued as selfish twats started dumping them.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Puppy bike school this afternoon with the new dog.

Did 15-20 laps around the yard so about 1.5ks and she loved it. Seems to have more bike sense than our last boy, who was a staffy.

I don’t remember puppy training being so time consuming, but it’s been 17 years, a few brain cells lost and 2 kids since the last time I guess.