The Photo Snob Thread

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
i'll see if i can find a bunch of shots i took and developed a few years ago. i used my olympus OM-2 (first auto light metering SLR). cant remember which film or lenses.

i love shooting in film. once you get it down the fell and warmth of a film shot is something you can't replicate on a DSLR. i love it to bits.

(that said, i will be investing in a 400D or similar very soon:p)

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pushing is simple enough, just crank it one stop and lelt the lab know, but make sure its a proper lab and not a chemist jobbie - also, sending your rolls in bulk to a mail order service is cheaper most of the time, and you'll get a just as good, if not better result. also, if you dont want prints, just get them scanned and burnt to a CD, cheaper, and if you like them then you can spring for enlargements. new pics soon enough, when I can be bothered to get more film.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Word, can't be bothered buying another body for a while, + I'm in love with my 50mm f1.4.

MTB11R

Likes Dirt
Pentax SLR

Hi Hubbie,

If you are after you own camera, I have a Pentax Z-10 in perfect working order.
Also have a zoom lens for it, a 100-300mm (F4.5-6.7DL).
The camera comes with a 28-70mm lens.

Send me a PM if you are interested. I am very negotiable.

Attachments

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a new camera recently and our big trip to Albany WA was an opportune time to see how it performed. I must admit that generally I'm a point n shoot on auto mode type person, but am interested in learning more about it all.

Camera is a Cannon Powershot A710IS

First up a very still morning in Albany (photo taken from moving vehicle)

Oncoming Truck (once again driving at 100kph & this time taken through the windscreen)

Just one of the funny things you come across on back roads, this one was a track that goes from Balladonia through to Israelite Bay & Esperance. Can you see the undies with "2 much curry".

And a few more just because I can't help myself:

Sunset somewhere along the Nullabor stretch or there abouts

And a rainbow (from moving vehicle again probably through the windscreen) Hyden road, driving from Hyden towards Norseman

Last edited:

projectsplat

The film guy
These are some pics that i have taken in the last 6 months that really appeal to me. Nothing super technical, just shots that I like. Two cameras used:
- Sony Ericsson K750i phone camera (2 megapixel) which is awesome because I always have it at the ready, and takes suprisingly good shots for its size.
- Kodak Z710 (5 megapixel) which is small enough to keep handy, but large enough to allow me to tinker with the shot.

A Canon 400D is on the to-buy list, but that will have to wait for me to stop spending cash for long enough to pool the dollars to buy one.

Shots have been down-res'd to save bandwidth.

Plane to somwhere...
Outside Mansfield just after dawn. Taken with a Sony Ericsson k750i from a moving car.

Lift to Nowhere...
Taken on one of the lifts at Mt Buller on the same day. Also taken with Sony Ericsson k750i

Downtown Hiroshima on a Tuesday night.
Taken with my Kodak Z710. 8 second exposure, resting on a fence.

A bridge in Hiroshima on a Tuesday night.
Taken with my Kodak Z710. 8 second exposure, resting on the balcony of our apartment.

Dawn on the plains.
Taken with my Sony Ericsson K750i at dawn whilst on a shoot a few months ago.

Keep Clear.
taken with my Sony Ericsson K750i one night whilst out on the turps. I do not remember taking this photo. I just found it on my phone the morning after. I have been told that I went out on my own to find a Kebab near Chapel Street. Must have been a good night......

Attachments

RCOH

Eats Squid
Why do people who have twins always dress their children the same? Ive always wondered.
Technically, they only have the same overalls on, but I see where you are getting at.

For this shoot, my girl thought it would be 'cute' if they wore overalls. It was kinda cold & they have almost grown out of them.

Usually though we dress them different, or let them choose their own clothes which sometimes ends up being similar or the same.

I think parents who constantly dress their twins exactly the same are a bit weird & are doing their kids no favours either.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Cheers mate, it was shot at Snapper Rocks (southern Gold Coast) just recently with all the crazy weather we've had.

There's a few more surfing pics in my Flickr stream (in my sig).

norco01

Likes Dirt
a few shots from m last holiday in America.

sunset in Hawaii, overlooking Waikiki beach from out apartment.

Mother duck and children,Main lake, Central park

Time square, Daytime

Time Square, Night time

The hills of Los Angeles.

All phots were taken by me, on my sisters crappy digital camera. I have a shitload of them, but most are family shots. Unfortunately,none of me surfing in Hawaii:mad:

anyway,Enjoy!

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
I just experimented with gels on my flash today for the first time. Great fun.

For those of you getting/thinking about getting external flashes, grab some gels to go with them and experiment!

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
one of olly,
[pic]
And wow that first shot looks pretty epic
nice, but I would like to see in colour? some slight fill lighting up the face would have been nice and might have knocked out some motion blur but I like how he jumps almost out of the frame.

And why is every kid getting slaves so soon? I'd like to see a bit more reliance on natural lighting, with slaves bringing out accents of it tbh.