The Photo Snob Thread

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I'm not sure if im alowed to post for sale threads in here, and if im not please delete. I have seen a few so i guess i can :)

Well i have no use for my kit lens 75-300mm lens. It is not IS. It came with my 400D kit about 2 or so years ago and i dont ever remember using it. I would prefer a local pick up. It would make a good run about lens. I thought i would offer it to Rotoburners befor the ebayers. PM me an offer if your interested.
Where do you live mate?

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
The fact Drew lives there.
ROFLMAO....laughed so hard my wife told me to shut up!:D

Long shot, but have you any plans for tomorrow? Maybe meet up or go for a ride?

And along with Drew being here, another downfall is the public transport.
Would have loved to, but taking my neice and nephew to Wet n Wid tomorrow. Beside, didn't bring my pushie.
I'll be back up soon, I'll message ya and we'll meet up.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Would have loved to, but taking my neice and nephew to Wet n Wid tomorrow. Beside, didn't bring my pushie.
I'll be back up soon, I'll message ya and we'll meet up.
Sounds a splendid plan.

On topic. I took this one of my dog a while back, only got around to editing it this morning out of boredom. I have one in colour but every time I got it the way i wanted it to, it automatically changed (which wasn't cool).
This is my dog Nessie. Bit pissed I cut the back feet off.

And another one from camping. Taken a moment or two before the other one like this.

Might give it a different crop soon.

C&C welcome =]

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a ride on the surfingboard yesterday and got a couple of snaps in the process. Was a super awesome day down at the beach, not too hot at all, the carpark was a different story though.

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Fishermen - One from today, the original looks really good in full screen. D300 and a 25 year old MF lens, was a fun afternoon!

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Went for a ride on the surfingboard yesterday and got a couple of snaps in the process. Was a super awesome day down at the beach, not too hot at all, the carpark was a different story though.
**snipage**
Jason, where were these taken? Edit: Just read where! Nice shots anyway!

On another note. Has anyone undertaken and Master Classes online? Can anyone recommend any?

Last edited:

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to NZ for a wedding, got invited to take photos of the ceremony by the actual photog's. I managed to forget my lens.
Just some from around the joint.

Mt Cook, hating the glare.

Sunnies.

Randomn Rock.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Thought I would do a re-edit of an old photo of mine that I really liked.

Seeing as I have not been involved in this thread for some time, thought I may get back into it :)

Click for larger.

For the re-edit, I pretty much cleaned up the few droplets of water that were in front of the guys and cleaned up some of the lines. Apart from that, the image is pretty much straight out of the camera, and EXIF data is all still there if you wanna have a peek.

Hope you like it :)

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Nice mate. It's ace how the camera remembers older AiS lenses eh? What lens?

Cheers Ango, yeah it's a magic feature. I hope they don't scrap it in future models. The lens is actually a Tokina 17mm f3.5 prime, I picked it up in mint condition and i'm pretty happy with the results so far. Theres another MF lens i'm keeping an eye out for and that the Nikon 180mm f2.8 Ais

In the next 6 weeks or so i'll be in the market (even though I can't justify it) for a pro level lens. I just want to have A pro level lens and if the opportunity has come up then I want to take it, also i'm thinking it might save me a lot of money in the long run. Is the Nikon 24-70 2.8 the only lens to buy? I know theres a 17-55 2.8 but by the looks of it that lens is for crop sensors only and I dont want to limit myself.

There are two other lenses I want to buy and thats the Nikon 10-24 and a 50mm f1.4G allthough if I buy the pro lense I'm not sure if I'll REALLY need the 50mm f1.4G, especially since I have a nifty fifty.

The good thing is that time is on my side.

Ruckus, Diggin that shot of the Opera House mate. Well done! always an inspiration to see your shots.

Last edited: