The Photo Snob Thread

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
skin and hair is looking a bit green
I think I can kinda see a couple of spots you're talking about haha, on the note of green I might have gone too far on this first one :D but man I'm 100% happy with it!! Second one is lacking some sharpness though :(

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
I think I can kinda see a couple of spots you're talking about haha, on the note of green I might have gone too far on this first one :D but man I'm 100% happy with it!! Second one is lacking some sharpness though :(

What monitor are you using? Nearly every pic I see from you has slightly off colours. Green above, and in other cases some other tints. I would suggest trying to be a bit more subtle with your PP too.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What monitor are you using? Nearly every pic I see from you has slightly off colours. Green above, and in other cases some other tints. I would suggest trying to be a bit more subtle with your PP too.
I bought this thread up at work the other day & I really noticed it too, and the monitor there is pretty bad - I'm not living where I am atm permanently, and I'm as such using my laptop which I think is the problem... I think today's task might be to go and retrieve my monitor from storage! :mad2:

Also Tupper there isn't, I just sort through the bogans and pick the right ones... :p but honestly I haven't even lived in Cairns for 2 years now, but the studio girl was shot there on holidays the other week & the second girl moved from Cairns to Bris a couple of months ago haha

heavyp

You heard it here first
skin and hair is looking a bit green
Maybe he could just take a leaf out of your book and use VSCO on every shot.

First time I have been on this forum for a while and there have been 2 comments in the last 2 pages from you Callan which are kind of critiques but there more just unhelpful comments if you ask me.

There are lots of people on here having a go, but if you don't like the shot maybe just don't say anything or give them positive feedback on what they could do to improve where they're going wrong.

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Anyone in Sydney that could do me a huge favour?

Our Torres Crossing launch party is this friday and we're looking for a few shots of the party on the night, a group shot etc. Sorry but there ain't really much in it for you in terms of cash. I'm trying to score a few free drinks for the photog though!

PM me if you can help!

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Maybe he could just take a leaf out of your book and use VSCO on every shot.

First time I have been on this forum for a while and there have been 2 comments in the last 2 pages from you Callan which are kind of critiques but there more just unhelpful comments if you ask me.

There are lots of people on here having a go, but if you don't like the shot maybe just don't say anything or give them positive feedback on what they could do to improve where they're going wrong.
Awe don't be mad :(

heavyp

You heard it here first
Awe don't be mad :(
Not mad, just pains me to see you parading around this forum thinking your shit doesn't stink when your photography is average at best. I just looked at your website and there are a few shots on there that look a bit green and a few that need some magenta taken out of them also.

If you want to know how to do that just try a different VSCO filter maybe, or you could do it the proper way and use your curves, if you need anymore tips you can hire me to be your digital operator if you want my day rate is $750 for Sydney photographers, or I can put you in touch with some retouchers.

tu plang

knob
Not mad, just pains me to see you parading around this forum thinking your shit doesn't stink when your photography is average at best. I just looked at your website and there are a few shots on there that look a bit green and a few that need some magenta taken out of them also.

If you want to know how to do that just try a different VSCO filter maybe, or you could do it the proper way and use your curves, if you need anymore tips you can hire me to be your digital operator if you want my day rate is $750 for Sydney photographers, or I can put you in touch with some retouchers.
I mean... I'm not going to speak for every one of Calan's comments here but if you can't simply point out something glaringly (see attached) obviously (to the extent that her hair is quite literally green) without sugar-coating it, then a constructive discussion just turns into a kindergarden lesson, which I think is more patronising for all involved.

Speaking of patronising, that is exactly what you have managed to be to a laughable extent, something that is actually very rarely seen in this thread.

old green hair.jpg

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Since we're all a bunch of snobs, here's a GoPro photo from today. Fuck me, right?!:photo:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Anyone interested in buying one of my Lowepro Flipside 400AW bags?
I've got two and am selling both as I just bought a new bag.
One is like new but has a slight tear in the stitching of the zipper on the outside pocket. This is fixable if you can use a needle and thread but the zipper still works perfectly.
The second bag has a little more wear but has no damage at all.
I'm keen to get $60 for each as they're $200+rrp.
Can email pics if your interested

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone interested in buying one of my Lowepro Flipside 400AW bags?
I've got two and am selling both as I just bought a new bag.
One is like new but has a slight tear in the stitching of the zipper on the outside pocket. This is fixable if you can use a needle and thread but the zipper still works perfectly.
The second bag has a little more wear but has no damage at all.
I'm keen to get $60 for each as they're $200+rrp.
Can email pics if your interested
Just incase anyones wondering... these bags are fuckin' awesome.