The Photo Snob Thread

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Does anyone know a common (cannon, nikon) lense filter that would fit on a Tokina 10-17mm lens or someone who would have this lense cap in stock? I've contacted the importer/distributor and they're still to get back to me.
Assuming you wish to use drop in filters, your best bet is fitting a Cokin P series universal holder/ adaptor. These use screws that hold it over the built-in lens hood. Likely to vignette at the shortest focal lengths though but it's your best best.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Assuming you wish to use drop in filters, your best bet is fitting a Cokin P series universal holder/ adaptor. These use screws that hold it over the built-in lens hood. Likely to vignette at the shortest focal lengths though but it's your best best.
Man I'm such an idiot I meant to say lense cap. It's kind of annoying because because the state and national reps at Tokina don't have the cap or are able to direct me to anyone that stock it. Just told me to go to my local camera store, which were unable to help.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Very nice Gluey. What kit did you take with you and what was the main lens you used?
5D3
24L
35L
85L
135L
28-300L

I would say the 135 was the main lens, second the 28-300 followed by the 24. I still can't believe I didn't take the 7D for the extra bit of length

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just crop it. The extra length of a crop sensor is a myth anyway

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
5D3
24L
35L
85L
135L
28-300L

I would say the 135 was the main lens, second the 28-300 followed by the 24. I still can't believe I didn't take the 7D for the extra bit of length
it doesn't appear to have been that much of an issue after looking at your shots. Thanks for posting that up, that's a serious kit back to haul around Kenya etc.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Just scored a second hand 7D for $900.00 with 2 lenses and some other stuff - shutter count 220.

Just need a good CF Card - anyone got any good suggestions, there are so damn many to choose from.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Just scored a second hand 7D for $900.00 with 2 lenses and some other stuff - shutter count 220.

Just need a good CF Card - anyone got any good suggestions, there are so damn many to choose from.
Just stick with SanDisk extremes. But from local shops and not ebay!

gregp

Likes Dirt
When I was researching CF cards for my 5D MkII about 1.5yrs ago a came across a few user stories on the net that some SanDisk cards did not work very well with Canon DSLRs. I went with the Lexar Pro range - no issues so far.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
When I was researching CF cards for my 5D MkII about 1.5yrs ago a came across a few user stories on the net that some SanDisk cards did not work very well with Canon DSLRs. I went with the Lexar Pro range - no issues so far.
The problem is/was with fake SanDisk cards and not compatibility. If you know otherwise I'd love to see a link.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I had no problems with Sandisk Extreme cards when I had my 7D.

As an aside and not related to their CF card brothers, Sandisk micro SD cards are not recommended for the GoPro Hero3+. They cause dropped frames. I went with Samsang and they have been great. Maybe that's what the issues were that you read about.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I had no problems with Sandisk Extreme cards when I had my 7D.

As an aside and not related to their CF card brothers, Sandisk micro SD cards are not recommended for the GoPro Hero3+. They cause dropped frames. I went with Samsang and they have been great. Maybe that's what the issues were that you read about.
I had that problem with the GoPro 3, applied the latest firmware and all was fixed. Find it hard to believe it's the media and not the camera.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I had that problem with the GoPro 3, applied the latest firmware and all was fixed. Find it hard to believe it's the media and not the camera.
It is definately an issue with the Sandisk cards as people using the Samsung Pro were not having the same issues.
While your problem was fixed with the firmware update, all GoPro did was to automatically lower the data rate from 45Mbps to 35Mbps for the Sandisk cards (and others that were no supported). Record some footage and then view the file properties, it will probably say 35Mbps if you are using Sandisk cards. If so, you're not getting the full capability of the camera.

With my Hero3+ Black and a Samsung Pro card I get 45Mbps.