The Photo Snob Thread

Staunch

Eats Squid
So, I was thinking, maybe it's about time for Photo A Day IX?

Been a couple years almost since the last one and it could definitely help the Phat Snaps section which seems to be dying a bit.
I remember it being one of my fav things about Farkin back in the day, not really sure why it died off, maybe because everyone was too busy posting in here?

Either way, I think we could give it another crack...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
So, I was thinking, maybe it's about time for Photo A Day IX?

Been a couple years almost since the last one and it could definitely help the Phat Snaps section which seems to be dying a bit.
I remember it being one of my fav things about Farkin back in the day, not really sure why it died off, maybe because everyone was too busy posting in here?

Either way, I think we could give it another crack...
Wow....remember the last one people couldn't sign up fast enough. I'm in if this gets going.

I can't believe how dead this thread in nowadays.

I did a studio lighting workshop the other day. Learnt a lot in a few hours. Here's an example of what I walked away with.
Jade_6-L.jpg

Staunch

Eats Squid
I'm after a new camera bag, was wondering if I could get some recommendations?

At the moment I've got a Vanguard Up-Rise 48 which is alright for when I need to carry all my kit, although seeing as that rarely happens, most of the time it's too big and bulky for me to be bothered bringing it with me.

I'm after sometime smaller, something that an fit a body, a decent sized lens, a couple of flashes and have a bit of room left for general bits and pieces. It also has to be secure/stable so I can ride, climb and potentially run with it. I'm a fan of the Niko Messenger bag in regards to size/practicality, but I also would prefer something with the zips/opening that sit against your back rather than being exposed to the world.

Anyone know of something similar that would suit? Doesn't have to be messenger bag style.

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I'm after a new camera bag, was wondering if I could get some recommendations?

At the moment I've got a Vanguard Up-Rise 48 which is alright for when I need to carry all my kit, although seeing as that rarely happens, most of the time it's too big and bulky for me to be bothered bringing it with me.

I'm after sometime smaller, something that an fit a body, a decent sized lens, a couple of flashes and have a bit of room left for general bits and pieces. It also has to be secure/stable so I can ride, climb and potentially run with it. I'm a fan of the Niko Messenger bag in regards to size/practicality, but I also would prefer something with the zips/opening that sit against your back rather than being exposed to the world.

Anyone know of something similar that would suit? Doesn't have to be messenger bag style.
You can't go past F-Stop Gear and the Loka UL (ultra light) would be perfect for what you describe.
http://fstopgear.com/news/2014-04/introducing-loka-ul#.VPYUAS7GppU

I also think after reading the past few posts that the reason this thread has faded away is because the majority of the people who posted have become very busy with their respective lives (both in photography and other aspects).

There has always been amazing images posted on here so please don't stop now.
Hux that portrait is awesome mate. Keep them coming.

davehirst

Likes Dirt
Manfrotto monopod carbon 694cx

I am selling this,(manfrotto monopod carbon 694cx) as i never use it, it is in as new condition.
$210 plus postage, or i am in wahroonga for pick up.
would also swap for 26 xc wheels and cash your way 135,qr.
dave

Last edited: