The Photo Snob Thread

takai

Eats Squid
It looks amazing although size-wise it looks a little large, even if it is lightweight. I'll definitely keep it in mind but I'm specifically after a smaller bag.
Well the Lokas just depend on how much you put in them. The inserts vary in size and the rest is empty. I love my Loka.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
If anyone on here is interested in taking their off camera lighting to the next level, I'm selling my Elinchrom Ranger RX AS Speed portable lighting setup.
Includes Ranger RX AS Speed power pack, S Head, spare battery, Skyport trigger and receiver, 5m cable, shoot through umbrella, 50cm beauty dish, 2 reflectors (silver and white), gridded snoot, power pack caddy, Elinchrom hard case, Rotorlux 100cm deep Octabox and Rotorlux 135cm Octabox. Happy to split if main kit (Ranger pack and light) sell first.
Located in Sydney but happy to ship at buyers expense.
Just been serviced with Kayell Australia and works perfectly.
Worth over 5K. Looking for $3200 for the lot either by direct deposit or PayPal.
Let me know if you're interested and I can send pics of it

Cheers guys

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been awhile since ive needed some gear advice. But here goes.

Many of your know my work from years back, shooting pix at Ourimbah DH/XC clubbies and my PAD entries on here, so I can safely say that I know a little about what i am doing. I recently grabbed the camera again and went shooting some MTB and have got the bug back. I have only got a stock Canon 550D 18-35mm lens at the moment.

Im in the market for a 50mm prime lens. Ive heard lots of great things and few dud things about them. Can someone definitively say that a 50mm will be a good purchase for getting better MTB shots OR is there another lens that will give me better gains in shot quality. I shoot mainly in dense forest and very rarely at places like Stromlo in the open light.

Either discuss here or PM

wombat

Lives in a hole
Shit, cameras! Mine's been in the cupboard for way too long, but I do know I never used my 50 much on the crop body. Actually I never used it a lot at all, but it was definitely a weird kind of length with the crop factor. Definitely had more fun with the wider glass, or the 135.
Horses for courses though. Go through your library and see how many of your shots you like were taken at ~50mm.

zac

Likes Dirt
I use a 50 a fair bit on a crop body, but mainly for portraits and scenery. I think I've got a couple of decent biker shots with it on a 35mm body but I think it might be a bit of a odd duck at 1.6x for biking. I guess you'll never know unless you try though. Maybe ask around, see if you can borrow/rent one and have a crack? One thing it could be good for is use with a teleconverter to give a fairly fast longer lens, however it really depends how much you like the look...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Been awhile since ive needed some gear advice. But here goes.

Many of your know my work from years back, shooting pix at Ourimbah DH/XC clubbies and my PAD entries on here, so I can safely say that I know a little about what i am doing. I recently grabbed the camera again and went shooting some MTB and have got the bug back. I have only got a stock Canon 550D 18-35mm lens at the moment.

Im in the market for a 50mm prime lens. Ive heard lots of great things and few dud things about them. Can someone definitively say that a 50mm will be a good purchase for getting better MTB shots OR is there another lens that will give me better gains in shot quality. I shoot mainly in dense forest and very rarely at places like Stromlo in the open light.

Either discuss here or PM
If you want a good 50, get yourself one of the Sigma Art series. This puppy.
I have a Canon Nifty Fifty and it's been great, but I can't say I have ever used it for bikes before. I'd look at a good ultrawide/fisheye or a long lens.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Anyone shooting on a Sony A7 or iteration of?

Seriously tempted to grab either an A7 or A7s. Fullfills the criteria:

• Unobtrusive
  • Compact
  • Interchangeable Lenses
  • FF

Don't have any real world experience with them though. Thoughts?

binner

Hath shat hymself
Nice, real nice......

Not much mate just old n fucked out now,been a long time fella, you must have kids n a good life by now....