The Polite Wollongong Thread

Apples_

Squid
Haha who was chilling at that big jump just after the start before you reach the road

Oh and did anyone talk to that sketchy dude on that hard tail with the bmx helmet and white sunnies?

Last edited:

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
Haha who was chilling at that big jump just after the start before you reach the road

Oh and did anyone talk to that sketchy dude on that hard tail with the bmx helmet and white sunnies?
yea, thats was me and my mates. why?

Last edited:

nskz

Likes Dirt
Also just a note to everyone to be careful of snakes. Was riding up Keira today on the XC bike and just past the entrance to Holy I saw a massive red belly just chilling on the side of the road. So just keep your eyes out.

mace2109

Likes Bikes
Shuttling Keira....., just reading through some older posts about speeding cars down Keira vs mtb riders :-
When you get dropped off at the U-turn, make sure that your shuttle vehicle waits for all the riders to gear up, mount up and ride...then get the shuttle car to follow you down to the trailhead, this will hopefully prevent you from getting tangled in someones front grille or car underbody. Has always worked out ok for me.

It only takes an extra three minutes for the driver, and may save your butt and bike. ;)

Bailey.Roberts

Likes Bikes
Possums: is it safe?

today i was to go to possums to try my new bike, i called my friend to see if he was ready, he told me that someone was threatened by a guy saying it was his land and if he didnt get off it heed call the cops. im not sure if this is completely true or is a case of chinese whispers

nskz

Likes Dirt
today i was to go to possums to try my new bike, i called my friend to see if he was ready, he told me that someone was threatened by a guy saying it was his land and if he didnt get off it heed call the cops. im not sure if this is completely true or is a case of chinese whispers
Well who knows whether that is true, however, the land was sold recently so there may in fact be some legitimacy to it.

red

Likes Dirt
what day did your mate say that was
i was up there all week building and did not see any thing like that
are you keen for a ride tomorrow, i want to have a go of your bike

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NSKZ and Chunkyboy, was it good riding today??

Saw the shuttle and felt like I was missing out big time, oh well back soon.

I have a couple of days off, but can't ride yet, is there anywhere on the tracks that needs a bit of care and maintenance??

Thought maybe the creek crossings at the bottom of the newest one.

nskz

Likes Dirt
You did miss out Dobbo the tracks are running Mint at the moment, so fast. I think the creek crossing could do with a bit of work, it's certainly doable in it's current state (i've done it a few times) but it's mega sketchy. The loose/off-camber coal wash section leading into the take off ramp is very difficult to get through without bleeding too much speed; very inconsistent. I think maybe a slight berm/dug rut or a reduction in the amount of off-camber there would help heaps. Then you'd be able to make that slight right hand corner with much more consistency. It might even just be a case of clearing some of the loose coal wash away.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maintenance is definately out this week. Bucketed down here, so tracks are slippery and leeches are out again.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Support the Blue Mtns Bid to Legalise DH Tracks

Guys, there is a push by a number of sydney and Blue Mtns riders to get some good legal tracks in the blue mountains. The blue mtns council is coming around and their comments are now positive that they want to support MTB riding.

If you have ridden or would like to ride in the future, places like OBR, Candy Bar and a heap of other BM tracks, help them by showing your support.

Find out more info on the Blue Mtns advocacy threads on RB, and there is also a facebook site called "Legalise Blue Mountains Bike Trails" that you can join.

If you really want to help, there is a meeting at the OBR track this weekend.

Last edited:

Apples_

Squid
Blue mountains you say :D

I'd be keen to show up, never ridden up there. If someone from here would like to come, my mate has a 3 seater van and that leaves a spare spot. If the spare spot knew the way that would be excellent :D

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Meeting to be held at 9am Sunday 7th March at Bowaga Ave, Woodford.

Takes me 1hr 15mins from 2526 to get there along the M7.

Easy to find, go along M7 then turn onto Western Motorway (4).
Turn off into Emu Plains exit, go along Russell St, incl under rail bridge, until you get to roundabout with Shell (??) Servo, turn left up Old bathurst Road (thats what the OBR is).

Go to the top of the hill, first left is Bowaga.
Pick up point for the track is the end of Gosling St

If you have never ridden OBR, go and have some fun, I'm sure a few people will punch a few while they are there.
Techy track with some good rock gardens, sandt soil so rain hardly ever affects it.
There are 2 or 3 routes you can take.

Remember the track is currently open to riding pending the report, review and decision from council.
Take car on the roads, don't upset the neighbours.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Filming at Uni

Do any of you camera boys know who was filming out on the Uni track this weekend, they had half dozen statins set up down the trail.
Mate of mine bit it big time at the little rock kicker that goes between the two trees about halfway down when some one filming walked across the track in front of him.
Guy apologised and said he was there filming for a magazine.

BTW: bit sad that reubs' post fell of the front page. Doesn;t anyone in the gong ride DH anymore. :)

Apples_

Squid
So i've heard of this thing called possums... XD
One of the guys at work was telling me about it but doesn't ride any more. From what he told me it sounds amazing. Is it still around?

Edit:
Yeah i live on Holy and Uni when i'm home from work on the occasional weekend. :D

Last edited:

Jeff101

Likes Bikes
G,day

im thinking of heading down to Mt keira this weekend
just wondering what condition the trails are in cause im not sure how much rain youve had down there.

Thanks

zanus

Likes Dirt
G,day

im thinking of heading down to Mt keira this weekend
just wondering what condition the trails are in cause im not sure how much rain youve had down there.

Thanks
Should be dry enough, unless im mistaken. It was dusty last weekend.