VIC The private decent

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Good to hear boys and top work, wish I still lived in the area, that track in its hay day was amazing, like nothing else I've ridden

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, I think i'm free on sat, what time are you getting out there?
What tools are needed and do you park at the top or bottom?

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
we will probably be there pretty early, at about 8 and leaving about 4. so just come whenever :) if you could bring a shovel and a pick that would be great. and we have been parking down the bottom.
hopefully see you out there :)

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys.
few of us headed out today.
by the end of the day we had the wooden berm all done. it ended up pretty well.
hope to see you out there soon !

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a quick look last night. NICE!
hahahaha glad you think the hard work is paying off. still going up further.
We wont be building this weekend due to preso day. and we are still unsure about next weekend aswell.

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all.
wednesday is anzac day. so a few of us are keen to head out!
PM me if your looking at heading out wednesday aswell

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
was out today, and we were just playing in the rain pretty much.
we went to do a full run(from rock garden), and saw someone has built a couple of things. witch i find SICK!
hopefully head out again on saturday

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also went up the track this arvo, though I only took a rake.
Just cleared up some of the leaves and thick mud.
Also added a bunch of rocks to part of the top section. I didn't change the actual riding line, just made a bit of a rock wall on the side, and filled in a big hole with rocks leading into a right hand turn down the hill. It got too dark to keep working, and was so slippery on the walk back down to the bottom!
I hope you guys like it, and don't mind me adding to the track. Btw, I didn't make the drop. I saw it on my walk down. That thing needs a landing.

I'll be back up there with my bike on friday. hopefully it dries out a bit between now and then.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
I also went up the track this arvo, though I only took a rake.
Just cleared up some of the leaves and thick mud.
Also added a bunch of rocks to part of the top section. I didn't change the actual riding line, just made a bit of a rock wall on the side, and filled in a big hole with rocks leading into a right hand turn down the hill. It got too dark to keep working, and was so slippery on the walk back down to the bottom!
I hope you guys like it, and don't mind me adding to the track. Btw, I didn't make the drop. I saw it on my walk down. That thing needs a landing.

I'll be back up there with my bike on friday. hopefully it dries out a bit between now and then.
cool :) ill have to check it out next time. :) yeah not too sure who built the drop. daniel still hit it though. haha

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cool :) ill have to check it out next time. :) yeah not too sure who built the drop. daniel still hit it though. haha
Drop is definatley in need of a small landing. and a goodish run in.
trackwork is fine with us. just means less work for us, and more riding time for everyone!

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Hey, question to you UFTG fella's!
Im originally from down there too. but moved to QLD 22 years ago(I was 18 then.)

Anyways, me and my brother used to ride down the Lyrebird track in the FTG State Forest
and occasionally go down the "Thousand stairs" on BMX's, are you still allowed to ride there??
Im heading down to FTG in 4 weeks, see some family and hope to get a ride in there!

Thanks!

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Hi! im not too sure about the 'lyrebird track' because im not actually from UFTG. but i don't think you are allowed to ride the thousand steps anymore. ive always wanted to, but heard that your not allowed :(

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im heading down to FTG in 4 weeks, see some family and hope to get a ride in there!

Thanks!
If that's the lyrebird track going from the top of kallista to the bottom, it's for walking only now. But a mate and I still rode it a few years ago and it was awesome. Very tight twisty singletrack with stacks of rocks and slippery roots.

And the thousand stairs, you can still ride the track from the start of one tree hill road, and there's another fire trail that winds down the hill from the top of the stairs, but riding the actual stairs are too dangerous now with the amount of walkers and joggers that frequent the place.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had heaps of fun today. The new wooden drop is looking sick. new berm straight after it aswell.
track is coming along niceley.
Just more work on top section and whole thing will be schweet

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
If that's the lyrebird track going from the top of kallista to the bottom, it's for walking only now. But a mate and I still rode it a few years ago and it was awesome. Very tight twisty singletrack with stacks of rocks and slippery roots.

And the thousand stairs, you can still ride the track from the start of one tree hill road, and there's another fire trail that winds down the hill from the top of the stairs, but riding the actual stairs are too dangerous now with the amount of walkers and joggers that frequent the place.
Yes and no.... the Fire track you speak of, thats 'Lyrebird Track'. An old fire trail but frekkin heavy downhill sections and heaps of rocks is how I remember it (25+years ago).
Mind you, MTB's were in their infancy when we rode down that on BMX's, cant remember how many times I went OTB (thats probably why I cant remember ;))
We used to time ourselves down the stairs, but like you say, sketchy when people are walking it. Up the top of One Tree Hill there used to be an observation tower....is that still there?
I know they stopped people from going up it for a while..

Anyways, thanks for the replies guys...