VIC The private decent

akashra

Eats Squid
If you're talking about Doongalla (which is more The Basin), don't go there (again).
The only other trails are the management/fire trails up the 4/1, and over Sherbrook way (which isn't FTG).

The ones up near the broadcast tower keep on having to be closed off by management because, and I can't emphasise this clearly enough, they are not legal trails.

Ohau2000

Likes Bikes
Is that trail along Glenfern road, which goes into gilmore park?

I used to ride in there years ago, I forgot about those tracks.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went down the 'dh' track from Turnes rd. about 2 weeks ago. Didn't go all the way to the top though.
From what it looked like, nobody's been riding there in a while.
It's eroded pretty badly from the rain, overgrown at the edges, and most of the wooden features have fallen down. But still rideable.

If you check it out you might want to walk up the track first to remove and sticks and branches.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I stumbled apon some tracks in Upwey which I think are tracks you speak of.

I saw them about a year ago and like Live2DieTrying says, they could do with some work.

I know some guys who would be happy to do some work on the ramps etc.

Would there be tears if that happened?

mudmav

Likes Dirt
the tracks you speak of are still their and while they are rideable they are not in good condition at all i actually walked alot of that area not long ago just for old times sake if you have any questions then please feel free to pm me. I also happen to know the owner of the land which the trails are built on.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
the tracks you speak of are still their and while they are rideable they are not in good condition at all i actually walked alot of that area not long ago just for old times sake if you have any questions then please feel free to pm me. I also happen to know the owner of the land which the trails are built on.
Yep I used to live on Ferndale rd. it's mr mcdougal's land, but he really only ever got upset over motorbikes and 4wd's.

Not sure how much of the north side he still owns but he never minded us being in there, over the years we made 3 different tracks (all gone now) but this dh track should be able to be revived with no issues

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Yep I used to live on Ferndale rd. it's mr mcdougal's land, but he really only ever got upset over motorbikes and 4wd's.

Not sure how much of the north side he still owns but he never minded us being in there, over the years we made 3 different tracks (all gone now) but this dh track should be able to be revived with no issues
well. im in. :)

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I took my bike up there on the weekend to scope it out for you.
The top section between fergusson and turnes is really overgrown. With sword rushes and blackberries hanging over both sides of the track.
There's also grass growing in the middle of the track for most parts, so it's been stagnant for a while.

This was too overgrown to ride back down I thought, but the fire roads are still fun.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
I took my bike up there on the weekend to scope it out for you.
The top section between fergusson and turnes is really overgrown. With sword rushes and blackberries hanging over both sides of the track.
There's also grass growing in the middle of the track for most parts, so it's been stagnant for a while.

This was too overgrown to ride back down I thought, but the fire roads are still fun.
i rode there a while ago too. had a few blackberry cuts when i got back. :p