VIC The private decent

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
yep trees are gone :) also started sawing into the big tree to make a smooth surface, and also opened up the rock drop next to the log. ill have to come back up once i fix my chainsaw

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
yep trees are gone :) also started sawing into the big tree to make a smooth surface, and also opened up the rock drop next to the log. ill have to come back up once i fix my chainsaw
Good to hear! did you manage to get rid of the big tree over the big rock garden with the drop? or is that what you need to fix your chainsaw for?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After todays ride, i have realised a few things.
1. that guy on a moto is starting to shit me.
2. the track needs way more drainage. and propper drainage.
3. the rock garden will be fuckin scary once the whole tree is off.
4. Im pretty shit riding in the mud :D

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
After todays ride, i have realised a few things.
1. that guy on a moto is starting to shit me.
2. the track needs way more drainage. and propper drainage.
3. the rock garden will be fuckin scary once the whole tree is off.
4. Im pretty shit riding in the mud :D
that all sounds about right.. :)

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey all,
wont be down this weekend. and not sure about the coming weekends.
if your planning on heading down, shoot me a text though. never no! 0400 768 212

blackmamba

Likes Bikes
Just a heads up for anyone heading up there, she is a boggy slippery track, prob best to hold off til it dries out. The old dude on the moto is continuing to be a first class dick and cutting a sweet ruts in the middle of the track. Also look out for the mid section we started rebuilding just before the road gap cause it was like a swamp...its still wet as. We ran out of time to mix the dirt with concrete and complete the drainage so word up, it may be real soft under rubber. If anyone knows of bulk gravel to back fill drainage lines so it will hold up in the wet...PM me.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Just a heads up for anyone heading up there, she is a boggy slippery track, prob best to hold off til it dries out. The old dude on the moto is continuing to be a first class dick and cutting a sweet ruts in the middle of the track. Also look out for the mid section we started rebuilding just before the road gap cause it was like a swamp...its still wet as. We ran out of time to mix the dirt with concrete and complete the drainage so word up, it may be real soft under rubber. If anyone knows of bulk gravel to back fill drainage lines so it will hold up in the wet...PM me.
yeah the moto guy is starting to get annoying.. hopefully he doesn't continue to ride in the wet. who was out there building? :)
cheers

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys. I put in a bit more work this arvo. I was walking in down the middle track just in time to see a rider go over the road gap. Was pretty good timing!

I've built up the berm before jakes drop, it's a pretty good size now I reckon. Just need to put in some stakes behind it to so it doesn't all fall down.

I also smoothed out the rut on the roadgap landing, and built that berm up more too.
Will get some pics next time I'm there.

Also I met Nick from BLKBRN down there the other day. His work looks really good, and he's got some good idea's to fix up the drainage on the track. He'll be a great guy to have on the build team!

Last edited:

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Hey guys. I put in a bit more work this arvo. I was walking in down the middle track just in time to see a rider go over the road gap. Was pretty good timing!

I've built up the berm before jakes drop, it's a pretty good size now I reckon. Just need to put in some stakes behind it to so it doesn't all fall down.

I also smoothed out the rut on the roadgap landing, and built that berm up more too.
Will get some pics next time I'm there.

Also I met Nick from BLKBRN down there the other day. His work looks really good, and he's got some good idea's to fix up the drainage on the track. He'll be a great guy to have on the build team!
Nice work!! how big will the stakes need to be? is it still all really wet up there?
Awesome, hopefully see you guys out there soon. :)

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll take a few star pickets up or something. Nothing too major.
It's drying out nicely. Still muddy in the lead up to the rod gap, but the new drain and edging Nick put in should help to control that.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
I'll take a few star pickets up or something. Nothing too major.
It's drying out nicely. Still muddy in the lead up to the rod gap, but the new drain and edging Nick put in should help to control that.
Alright cool, be good if the rain held off for once. rest of the weeks not looking great.