VIC The private decent

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive got star pickets for the berm mate. il leave them up there next time im there.
Sweet mate! i am looking at heading out this weekend, wont be doing much riding at all unless its dry enough. Saturday good for people!?
and Blackmamba, good to hear about your work out there. Pm me for some more details!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hope the tracks going well fellaz, if u need any extra hands give me a yell cause im happy to help
Hey mate, tracks going alright if we can try keep the moto dude off it!
send me a message if your keen to head out one weekend text me on 0400 768 212.
as stated before. we cant have a heap of people out there at the same time, but in saying that the more help we can get the better the track will be. so send me a message when you want to head out!

GrantOner

Squid
Hey dude, I'm mates with Old mate from BLKBRN. Yeah, if not racing LG or helping my mate move house , should be out there to do some big time drainage works on the middle section (currently a swamp) and start working out how this stepup-double into a new line for the road gap is gonna work. Probably won't be riding but will have a bike with me.

Everyone seems real happy with this bloke on the moto...so can I suggest some large steps in spots between two trees so he physically cant get the bike up the track? Similar to what they put in at Narbethong...

Any one keen for a dig and ride this weekend if its not wet.
and if im not at lg race

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Hey dude, I'm mates with Old mate from BLKBRN. Yeah, if not racing LG or helping my mate move house , should be out there to do some big time drainage works on the middle section (currently a swamp) and start working out how this stepup-double into a new line for the road gap is gonna work. Probably won't be riding but will have a bike with me.

Everyone seems real happy with this bloke on the moto...so can I suggest some large steps in spots between two trees so he physically cant get the bike up the track? Similar to what they put in at Narbethong...
i may be out there on saturday if i can. whats this step up double you speak of? :D yeah we have thought of that, but he says that he was the original creator of the tracks and that he is good friends with the owner of the land, so we don't really want to be in his bad books.. We're hopefully gonna have chat to him and tell him just to stay of the tracks we are rebuilding and not to ride them in the wet. otherwise.. steps/logs it is!
see you out there
Bryce

GrantOner

Squid
i may be out there on saturday if i can. whats this step up double you speak of? :D yeah we have thought of that, but he says that he was the original creator of the tracks and that he is good friends with the owner of the land, so we don't really want to be in his bad books.. We're hopefully gonna have chat to him and tell him just to stay of the tracks we are rebuilding and not to ride them in the wet. otherwise.. steps/logs it is!
see you out there
Bryce
Sweet as. Fisrt up props to everyone's work... Umm I'm unlikely to make it Saturday, but will hopefully catch you out there sometime. Take a look to the right of the current run into the roadie and then gander back at the swampy bit before that fire track then to where the new line starts. Theres a big log down inbetween and I dont plan on moving it... You should get the idea :D

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet as. Fisrt up props to everyone's work... Umm I'm unlikely to make it Saturday, but will hopefully catch you out there sometime. Take a look to the right of the current run into the roadie and then gander back at the swampy bit before that fire track then to where the new line starts. Theres a big log down inbetween and I dont plan on moving it... You should get the idea :D
i might be heading out sat and sunday if the weather is good.
and the decent sized steps might be an idea if he dosent play nice. we had a very small step on the track to stop water flowing into a corner, but he pulled it out (who else would it have been) because he struggled to get up it.
there is a lack of jumps on the track, a sweet jump to set you up for the gap would be a fun one. not sure where you are talking about though.
and yes, there is a lot of drainage work needed. the ground was very hard and the water used to run over it into the drains set. but the moto dude has chopped the shit out of it, turning it into a swamp, where no water drains. lotsa hard work to fix it again.....
hope to see you guys out there soon

blackmamba

Likes Bikes
i 'acquired' a sufficient volume of gravel (70L) to drain the water away from the cutting section and water is now flowing through the drains but my concern is its going to take forever to dry. Plan d was we were thinking of dropping in a 3m long bridge to get everyone through it without cutting it up.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Ill have to go and take a look, but sounds sick!

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
i 'acquired' a sufficient volume of gravel (70L) to drain the water away from the cutting section and water is now flowing through the drains but my concern is its going to take forever to dry. Plan d was we were thinking of dropping in a 3m long bridge to get everyone through it without cutting it up.
Awesome! We just got a heap of wood from renovating so that could work :) would be good to have some north shore. dont know if the moto guy will like it.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even if it was a temporary bridge. would start for it to dry and stop the tyres rolling on through the mud patch. And thats sweet that you got the gravel! thanks!

Awesome! We just got a heap of wood from renovating so that could work :) would be good to have some north shore. dont know if the moto guy will like it.
Bryce, you make a valid point of the lack of north shore. but wernt we planning on doing that on the anti moto dude track (wood track)

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Even if it was a temporary bridge. would start for it to dry and stop the tyres rolling on through the mud patch. And thats sweet that you got the gravel! thanks!

Bryce, you make a valid point of the lack of north shore. but wernt we planning on doing that on the anti moto dude track (wood track)
yeah i know, a little bit wont hurt ;)

GrantOner

Squid

Hey lads, I agree with the temp wood worx, even if it's just a few pallets thrown down in the really swampy bits for the next month or 2 while it's still wet. There's kinda no point in building sections at the moment if they're just gonna get ridden and hacked up so if we can get people on the bridges and off the stuff being built we'll be laughing. Once the days start warming up the clay should pack pretty hard, but while it's wet it's just shithouse. Hopefully a good warm summer should help the track sort it's own shit out as long as appropriate drainage is chucked in now. Also probably worth leaving any new lines 'off line' till it warms up and stops raining.

As for shore stuff, personal thoughts would be to keep it limited and keep this a proper DH track, techy up top to flowy as it goes down the hill :D

Enough of my 2cents...

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Yeah that sounds good, I have a few pallets we can use but theyre pretty heavy so it will be tricky getting them up there.
Keen for spring!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey lads, I agree with the temp wood worx, even if it's just a few pallets thrown down in the really swampy bits for the next month or 2 while it's still wet. There's kinda no point in building sections at the moment if they're just gonna get ridden and hacked up so if we can get people on the bridges and off the stuff being built we'll be laughing. Once the days start warming up the clay should pack pretty hard, but while it's wet it's just shithouse. Hopefully a good warm summer should help the track sort it's own shit out as long as appropriate drainage is chucked in now. Also probably worth leaving any new lines 'off line' till it warms up and stops raining.

As for shore stuff, personal thoughts would be to keep it limited and keep this a proper DH track, techy up top to flowy as it goes down the hill :D

Enough of my 2cents...
Agree with everything you said, apart from one bit. yes the top is techy. but its to techy. its too much rock and its hard to keep pace. we need more dirt.
and we would love to build like a 'play track' separate from this track, with a heap of N.S and wooden features :D
but thats a while a way anyways

mudmav

Likes Dirt
Just stay off the brakes in the top rocky section and you will hold plenty of speed :)

Are you guys using the old 1st section from the water tower at the top spent to the berms and drop into/ over the top fire road? Or are you starting from the road?

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Just stay off the brakes in the top rocky section and you will hold plenty of speed :)

Are you guys using the old 1st section from the water tower at the top spent to the berms and drop into/ over the top fire road? Or are you starting from the road?

haha wish it was as easy as that. :p
we are just going from the road at the moment, but we are going to hopefully rebuild up to the water tank :madgrin:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha wish it was as easy as that. :p
we are just going from the road at the moment, but we are going to hopefully rebuild up to the water tank :madgrin:
if we rebuilt to the water tank, we would need to head the track in a diffrent direction in a few spots. due to 2 reasons.
1. the previous track runs pretty close to houses, and we wont like to disturb neighbors,
2. we want the track flowing smoothly from dropping onto and off the fire roads, we dont want to have to stop or slow down to get onto the track after the fire road.

I have also been thinking guys. and have got a couple of questions.,
Is this track worth shuttling? if so, how do we do it?
and also, should we continue the track all the way down to the flat bed near the creek, and try to add on to the flow? or do we leave the track ending on the fire road.
just a few ideas, cheers

blackmamba

Likes Bikes
Id actually be keen to see some more rock along that top chute and build up an serious rock garden... would be pretty cool. Not like international at buller but still something that you cant just roll through, couple of launch rocks as well etc. Also a rock garden would allow us to shed water off the track instead of it following the tyre lines down the hill. Happy to go with the group consensus though