VIC The private decent

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Boys I have to say I'm loving the progress, it's good to see the land being looked after finally, and I know the owner aswell and I can only imagine how happy he is with the results.

When I return from nsw I'll be sure to head round and prob even show you some other secret tracks in the area
theres more?! :madgrin:
Said the exact same thing! sweet!!!

also, with that second run in to the road gap, that will probs be a much better run in.
Sweet! make it bigger!

GrantOner

Squid
Said the exact same thing! sweet!!!

also, with that second run in to the road gap, that will probs be a much better run in.
Sweet! make it bigger!
We've been thinking about that and this was my 2 cents....

With an earlier launch for the roadie (ie bigger gap), couple things crossed my mind, first was building it where the new section currently ends will make the landing pretty much blind (gnarly but might make a few people (self included) sketch on it a bit); it’ll be a short run in from basically a flat landing after the step up, speed might be an issue, cant judge that yet; the landing is quite steep and I reckon if you made the gap any bigger you’d pick up way too much speed if you managed to stick it that you’d probably shoot through the berm at the bottom or over time rip the trail up with braking bumps trying to pull up. I also thought about 2 launches, original and a new one, but the position of trees causes a bit of a problem and I don’t wanna start cutting down eucies.

I guess also gotta think about who will end up riding the trail and a lot of the punters are gonna be kids (this is based on who has come through while I've been digging). Going off the red hill saga years back, the first seriously injured kid off a road gap that size is likely to involve closure of the trail and an investigation into who built it. I’m not keen on that- so maybe better to urge on side of caution.

And after all that, I tihnk I have a plan to make it bigger for those that want it bigger that wont be permanent, so should keep everyone happy.

While I'm on a rant... I reckon with a few ideas Nick and I have been kicking around we can get enough speed and flow out of the trail for all the features while still having the top section technical. I just gotta get out from behind this screen and do some diggin.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
yeah, we don't want to make it tooo gnarly.. but i guess improving will be harder if there's nothing to get better at.
I'm super keen to get digging, would love to hear the ideas you guys have too. ill hopefully be out there with rider124 this weekend if the weather isn't completely shit.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GrantOner, all your points are valid and correct. so the best option for a bigger road gap i think is one on a completley diffrent track, where we can make it safer with the landing and stuff!

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys, the track work all looks great.
I was up there maybe the day before you put down the ladders. Nice idea to put in that little berm and gravel, and the new gap will be interesting..

I got from work a BIG pallet with a solid top that would be good as a jump/landing / possible part of a wallride...
It's about 2.2m X 1m. Just need to find a good spot to put it before hauling it in there.

Where does everyone think it will fit on the track??

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys, the track work all looks great.
I was up there maybe the day before you put down the ladders. Nice idea to put in that little berm and gravel, and the new gap will be interesting..

I got from work a BIG pallet with a solid top that would be good as a jump/landing / possible part of a wallride...
It's about 2.2m X 1m. Just need to find a good spot to put it before hauling it in there.

Where does everyone think it will fit on the track??
Have it as a small Ns drop in the top section? it gets you over some rock and there will be a sweet wheel eating landing! who was complaining it wasn't rough enough?

if we cant find a spot, keep it for the other track (the one with a mass amount of wooden features) that we want to build when we have the current one sorted.

blackmamba

Likes Bikes
hopefully the weather holds gents. i'm going to suss out mt taylor this weekend but keen as to get out and getting the track pinned for summer

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
not too sure where to put the wood.. ill have a think, sounds good though! we really need some good sun to dry this track out, and also talk to the moto guy about riding on the tracks since hes probably been riding in this shit weather ripping up the tracks.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weather for this weekend is lookin pretty horrible.
im honestly keen to get out there no matter what,
im havin cravings

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
Sorry haven't been out in ages guys just got lazy and had footy but it's over now so was maybe thinking coming out Saturday if the weather isn't terrible, anyone else planning to be out there and if so what time?

t_byrnz

Likes Dirt
ey fallaz does anyone know roughly how big the area is to build tracks? eg; how long a track could possible be ? :bowl:

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
i should be heading out there saturday with rider 124 depending on weather also.

the land is pretty big. if we made a track from the very top (water tank) to the very bottom at the creek with a lot of corners in it i reckon 3+ minutes.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry haven't been out in ages guys just got lazy and had footy but it's over now so was maybe thinking coming out Saturday if the weather isn't terrible, anyone else planning to be out there and if so what time?
Not sure what time tomorrow.
text bryce. as i broke my phone :mad:

ey fallaz does anyone know roughly how big the area is to build tracks? eg; how long a track could possible be ? :bowl:
Track if extended from very top then down to the very bottom as bryce said. would be about 3 mins.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
not sure if were going out there now... something has come up for me.
i might go up there sunday though. if not. sunday next weekend.

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
Also there is a tree down over the track near the bottom, not sure if anyone has seen it but maybe a good idea to leave to possibly stop the moto?