VIC The private decent

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my bike has been getting a lot of cleans lately.
counting the days til spring. :bananalama:
Lets hope for a week of dry weather to get the tracks dryish.
If the top bit of the track it to muddy to dig in this weekend, i suggest we mark out the section that will go untill the creek :D
:bananalama: added for good measures

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'm thinking gap over the tree?!?! haha

i might be able to head out this sunday, if anyoness going?
That would be big!
Im gonna head out sat with my bike.
sunday i may be able to come out if someone can give me a lift to and from the station, (without a bike)
Talking to bryce, the plan is to make a start on the bottom section because we are assuming the current track will be to wet to even touch. so maybe start the track down to the creek?
whats everyone else thinking?

GrantOner

Squid
New stuff in, including double and new line to the roadie, reworked bline and more drainage. Branches are down across some of it, as it'll need till summer to bed in otherwise it'll be wrecked. If you see anyone riding it call them a fuckwit and tell them to stop. IMAG0133.jpg IMAG0140.jpg

B line in there now with all the drainage sorted. IMAG0145.jpg

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Thats looking so sick!! gonna be going pretty damn fast after that wooden double. cant wait to try it :p to bad this weather is so bad.
Really need to head out there soon.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks rad as mate!
just a suggestion of a dirt case pad for people (like me) that may come up short and hammer that first plank with their back wheel?
and is there a berm needed to turn onto the straight into the road gap?
Anyone keen for something this weekend?

Last edited:

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Looks rad as mate!
just a suggestion of a dirt case pad for people (like me) that may come up short and hammer that first plank with their back wheel?
i cant do saturday, and you cant do sunday, so you will have to walk from the station if you go saturday

blackmamba

Likes Bikes
boys its damn wet, grant an i spent so long just doing those bits ^ had to be so careful not to turn it into a bog. The middle bit were trying to reconfuckulate atm is heading towards all slightly-above-ground-wood-ladders-and-berms (across the wet gullies) so we can sustainably ride it in the wet and minimize our footprint on the land.

with the weather system rolling through fri the weekend build will be shot especially with the nature of clays. Man, i don't mean to sound like old man shit winkle and dampen your enthusiasm, cause its awesome, but just hold off til it starts to dry. First prime dry spell we'll have a build day, the 'b-team' will jam on a bbq, some beers and maybe get a stripper out there.

Also that gap is tiny (15 or so foot), we put the 'down ramp' there for looks. if it looks to big, sick- you got something to progress on. other wise work up to it and hit the b line, it's still cool

blackmamba

Likes Bikes
yo, also that road gap is also in dire need of a re-build. Grant an i were talking bout when it drys out we'll pull it down, concrete some solid uprights (prob trio of 10ft pitto trunks) in and rebuild it. Take the stress of those two eucy saplings and add a bit of length to the gap. Always the option of adding a ramp from the top of the new line and turning it into an epic! Would get chicks! And im talking primo chicks, not ones that are sick at discus or weight lifting!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yo, also that road gap is also in dire need of a re-build. Grant an i were talking bout when it drys out we'll pull it down, concrete some solid uprights (prob trio of 10ft pitto trunks) in and rebuild it. Take the stress of those two eucy saplings and add a bit of length to the gap. Always the option of adding a ramp from the top of the new line and turning it into an epic! Would get chicks! And im talking primo chicks, not ones that are sick at discus or weight lifting!
sounds good to me.
With the coming up short. i do get lazy with jumps sometimes, and who doesnt come up short. even on the smaller jumps.
The idea of rebuilding the road gap is a good one, the trees flex everytime your on it. we just didnt know how. extra length would be good, especially with this new run in, as you will be coming in quicker.
Weather will be shocking this weekend :(
no digging then. but bryce and i had some ideas for the section down to the creek. then a rad ass hidden creek gap down the bottom too.
we were thinking some really solid straight up fast berms. just fun and flowy. and maybe a linking jump between them every now and then.
thats a while away anyway. ideas would be good,

GrantOner

Squid
Looks rad as mate!
As long as you're not nose casing the log infornt of the pallet you should be sweet. No need for a berm, natural flow of the terrain should sort you out better than a guy on vic street aksing if your name is Jason...

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As long as you're not nose casing the log infornt of the pallet you should be sweet. No need for a berm, natural flow of the terrain should sort you out better than a guy on vic street aksing if your name is Jason...
sweet. rad flat/off camber corner into road gap. there is a high chance we will be on the brakes before this road gap (i was on the brakes to hit the last one). and this run in is better. sweet scrubs!

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Was having a think about the top section, not sure what it is, but something doesent seem right.. Might be we need to make it wider, and maybe bench some of it? Or change some of the route since one bit just goes in a straight line for a while.
?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was having a think about the top section, not sure what it is, but something doesent seem right.. Might be we need to make it wider, and maybe bench some of it? Or change some of the route since one bit just goes in a straight line for a while.
?
some should be more rocky, some should be less rocky. there is that awkward wrong balance of rocks are there. that only in my opinion anyway.
Cant think of any place where a bridge would be suitable though

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone keen to head out saturday. was talking to bryce and we are keen on just leaving the current track be (leave it be till its dry) and start this new section down to the creek. That way it wont have an impact on current track.
I just need to get out there again!

jackthewolverine

Likes Dirt
So your the guys rebuilding it.
I have been there a few times in the last couple months and each time it looks better!
Im keen to lend a hand building.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So your the guys rebuilding it.
I have been there a few times in the last couple months and each time it looks better!
Im keen to lend a hand building.
Yeah there is a few of us here rebuilding, Everyone is doing an epic job!!
not sure that i can go tomorrow. boss calls me at 9 to tell me if im working or not ! sweet
may see you guys out there.

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
sweet ideas! sounds like it going to be an awesome track loving the sound of the flow and off camber haha awesome.

i might be able to come out on sundat depending on the weather if anyones interested, but there has been alot of rain and even at the dirt jumps im building it is making it terrible conditions to build in but we'll give it a shot :)