VIC The private decent

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went out there today, track is running great! Someone has been doing the odd bit of maintenance and it's really coming together. I'm keen to head out again soon, pm me if your heading out

Also made a chesty run of the track, first time using the chesty and it's pointed down too much but anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYFj0NHg34
Looking good man! been a bit busy untill now. i will be out there hopefully after my holiday (home on jan 9) and have my bike sorted out.
will post in this thread when im going to head down again!

I live a very quick pedal from the top and took a gentle cruise down this evening to scope it out. What Nerb said. You guys have balls made of black holes. Nice work
hahaha it took me a while at first to get into it, but nowdays i find it fun too much fun to even consider giving up
Dont be afraid to pop down one time if we are having a build and say hi! we could try and teach you a thing or two :D

Would any one be kind enough to let me know where this is? Fairly local & just getting into d.h

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice riding man, I went up the other day with a mate. Old guy on the dirt bike was up there. What's the easiest way to get back up lol? (apart from driving) We walked up under the power lines, it was a killer! :help:
the old man on the dirt bike is always there :yell:
we have always just pushed up the track :)

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
to be honest, i haven't been out there since December. I have No dh bike and am missing it out there!
hopefully he hasnt messed it up completely

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the glory was getting a bit long in the tooth.
So i sold it and got a demo. I have to wait till the next shipment comes. (march 17, i remember it better than any other date)
and yes i have pre ordered it so im extremely keen to throw my leg over it.

Cool little track guys...actually it freakin rocks. Thanks. Its pretty intense keeps you thinking/braking. Not yet game enough to do the road gap or the other gap jump after it, I always seem to be a little offline or a little slow. youtube vid makes it look easy. Had my first three runs today. humid as dripping with sweat. fantastic love it. willing to help maintain it if time/energy permits. It was in pretty good condition today, are there any plans for it maybe develop the top section the other side of the road....? whats the go with trails at the bottom on the side of that road? Private land?
What are the rules for spreading the word? Actually only know one or two people who would be interested. obviously word mouth and not on the forum boards is that cool?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cool little track guys...actually it freakin rocks. Thanks. Its pretty intense keeps you thinking/braking. Not yet game enough to do the road gap or the other gap jump after it, I always seem to be a little offline or a little slow. youtube vid makes it look easy. Had my first three runs today. humid as dripping with sweat. fantastic love it. willing to help maintain it if time/energy permits. It was in pretty good condition today, are there any plans for it maybe develop the top section the other side of the road....? whats the go with trails at the bottom on the side of that road? Private land?
What are the rules for spreading the word? Actually only know one or two people who would be interested. obviously word mouth and not on the forum boards is that cool?
Hey mate, glad you had fun!
took us a while to get up on the jumps. you will get the hang of it eventually!!!
we havent been out there to maintain it in a while. but by the sound of it, a few of the others have been doing their bit here and there.
The plans are to make the current top section (from just before wooden drop that leads you into road gap) to the top a bit more flowy, instead of having it continuously rough, we want smooth and rough sections, so it gives you time to gain speed into them, witch will hopefully make it flow better.
the section at the top above our track we are looking at extending the start line, but it dosn't give us much in turns of natural features, so i think a nice warm up style entry to ease you into the run. and at the bottom, we were hoping to be able to not touch brakes after last corner, and come hammering down into a small drop off the fire road then another quick drop of the other side of it. But even with the little traffic through that area, we dont want to risk having a high speed crossing there, as we loose the track if we have an incedent. so still open for ideas on the bottom section. (we wanted to be sneaky and have a large high speed bottom section into a massive gap over the creek, but thats never going to happen )
Sure, tell your friends, but make sure they keep it on the down side and not go blurting it out everywhere, as we are trying to be respectful to the owner, who is letting us ride and build on his land!
Just post in here if your planning on heading down, so we can try have others down there.
And general rule we need to imply. The motobike rider is an older bloke, he is a bit of a douche riding up the trails, and we cant claim them, so please dont piss him off too much, as he starts destroying features when he is mad !

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
haven't been there in so long! cant wait to get building and riding again.

looks like we have a fair few people interested, hopefully ill get to see some of you down there at some stage :dance:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
planning on heading out there this weekend, with no bike to do some stuff around the track and fix some stuff up.
anyone else going to be heading out?

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I headed over and had a look today.

Looks great, well done.
I'll try and get a run in after work one night and see how it goes.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im not heading to baw baw and have nothing to do sunday,
anyone else keen to head out for a ride/dig? i will be there.

Also, what is everyones thoughts on the ending. I think the switch backs are too tight, and should have another line around them. Brycethebomb was saying something about it, but i wanna know what everyone thinks about having a different line around the switchback at the end?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
will be there today (sunday) at about 12 if anyone else is keen.
i will be digging the new drop off the fireroad to extend the end

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
will be there today (sunday) at about 12 if anyone else is keen.
i will be digging the new drop off the fireroad to extend the end
Nice work mate. I'm stuck at work today, but I'm keen to help out another time.

I ride down once or twice a week (and back up the road) and feel lucky to have this on my doorstep. Demanding family/work life mean I don't get as much time for riding as I'd like. Can't think of many better ways to spend 20 mins.

Taking the track with a lot more confidence now but still nowhere near hitting the jumps. Not sure if me or my bike (140mm travel) are really up to that task, but I'm cool with that, it still feels great along the b-lines.

A month or two ago there were some logs/branches across the very top section (above the road). I thought a local may have blocked it, so that was the last time I did that section. Didn't want to p### anyone off.

Cheers!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work mate. I'm stuck at work today, but I'm keen to help out another time.

I ride down once or twice a week (and back up the road) and feel lucky to have this on my doorstep. Demanding family/work life mean I don't get as much time for riding as I'd like. Can't think of many better ways to spend 20 mins.

Taking the track with a lot more confidence now but still nowhere near hitting the jumps. Not sure if me or my bike (140mm travel) are really up to that task, but I'm cool with that, it still feels great along the b-lines.

A month or two ago there were some logs/branches across the very top section (above the road). I thought a local may have blocked it, so that was the last time I did that section. Didn't want to p### anyone off.

Cheers!
Dean and i went up and cut all logs and trees off today. someone had already done a few!
the b lines cut the flow a bit much sometimes (like the road gap b line). and needs to be made a bit more flowy.
the track today was running pretty sweet. didn't do any digging though.
hope to see you down on the trails soon