AM The Processional

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
EDIT: I'm going to make separate PYR threads for my bikes. This one will be for the Kona, the Solaris is now here: https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/reviving-the-solaris.312906/#post-3195432

Frame - 2016 Eggplant purple Kona Process 153 DL
Rear shock - Monarch plus RC3
Front shock/fork - 160mm Pike RCT3
Handlebars - Raceface Atlas
Stem - Stock Kona
Headset - stock
Grips - ODI Ruffian
Saddle - WTB Volt
Seatpost - KS Lev Integra
Front brake - XT lever, SLX caliper
Rear brake - XT lever, SLX caliper
Cranks - X01
Chainguide - OneUp
Chain - X01
Pedals - OneUp composite
Rear derailleur - X01
Rear shifter - X01
Cassette - X01
Front hub - Novatec (stock)
Rear hub - Novatec (stock)
Front rim - WTB i35
Rear rim - WTB i35
Tyres - 2.5 DHF Front / 2.3 Aggressor R

Last edited:

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Mate thats a rad couple of bikes and like you say perfect for Canberra trails. You've made me miss having a hardtail even more. Cotic are so sick.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Nice. Which one you taking to the Mont?
This will be a question that I'll be watching the answer to!

Nice blend of bikes..... everyone should have a steel 29er hardtail and an AM/Enduro dually in their quiver......

moorey

call me Mia

Nice blend of bikes..... everyone should have a steel 29er hardtail and an AM/Enduro dually in their quiver......
Steel HT, sure. Cram the 29 though.... :yo:

Good pairing to have.
Mine is similar.
Alloy HT 140mm and FS 160mm 29r.
Two different bikes, both good.
Am a bit of a fan of Cotic. That purple looks mint though, love that colour

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Mate thats a rad couple of bikes and like you say perfect for Canberra trails. You've made me miss having a hardtail even more. Cotic are so sick.
Cheers - theres a Soul for sale on here atm, just saying :)

Nice. Which one you taking to the Mont?
I haven't yet found the need for rear suspension at Kowen/Sparrow, so if I make it.....

Yep, nice to be able to mix bikes and trails for completely different experiences. And both improve skills in different ways I've found.

Titanium and 29er for best results.
Although something like the Charge Cooker 5 (Ti and 27.5+) could be a whole lot of fun too (and fit nicely in the middle of what Ive got)

Good pairing to have.
Mine is similar.
Alloy HT 140mm and FS 160mm 29r.
Two different bikes, both good.
Am a bit of a fan of Cotic. That purple looks mint though, love that colour
Cheers - Cotic is just one of those brands hey - I'd love to get another one day. whats your HT?

Cheers - Cotic is just one of those brands hey - I'd love to get another one day. whats your HT?
Nukeproof Scout 27.5 in XL. A pretty good rig, long and fairly slack with 140mm forks.
Wheelbase is pretty close to my Enduro. Climbs great and pretty responsive compared to the FS.
Bit of a budget build on it on the moment, better fork would do it wonders as would burlier wheels.
BFe I had was only a large, just not quite big enough.
Was hard to part with it but selling the frame helped buy the next one. Almost a frame for life actually.
If my son was hitting the trails at all it could have been his.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Haven't updated in ages. Cotic has an e-ten dropper and better tyres now (Aggressor R, Hans Dampf F), but in need of new fork, BB and drivetrain soon... Kinda got a new bike itch (BFe replacement?), but also keen to see how much I can get out of this bike. Might upgrade the parts that could be transferred over first, and then decide...

Kona has a new one up chain guide and also Aggressor R (really love this tyre!). I also fucked up the XT calipers so now they are SLX on the XT levers. Down the line might put a coil shock on this...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
18 months later, new debonair can, new chain and replacement 42t cog. Also put on a Wolftooth dropper lever at some point and moved the KS southpaw to other bike. Here it is all covered in Stromlo dust

Debonair definitely doing its thing OK thus far (1 ride). Finding it a really massive bike after not riding it much the past 6 months - takes some getting used to again. Comes into its own on the gnarly stuff, but I'm not riding much of that at the moment - see how we go, but starting to think of going a size down in a shorter travel frame.

Front brake howling a bit, even after dousing in brake cleaner and sanding everything back. Might try burning whatever is on them off, or getting an old pot and boiling them up. Otherwise its running well.