The QUICK question thread.....

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Yeah, old article.
The law stipulates that it's for anything non-competitive, so the bike manufacturers can sidestep it (and do) by putting a sticker on the handlebar that says "For Competition Use" and speccing the bike with anything >700mm on it.
Thanks for an answer. An hour of internetting failed to disclose anything relevant.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Does anyone here own a Pajero NX? ..It is on my short list for next family adventure car. For those that own one, I was wondering if a bike fits in the back?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I remember when I was in the Tokyo subway they had little signs hanging from the roof with toilet figures acting out various behaviours to be avoided.

One showed a standing person with a little cloud around its waist next to a sitting person, and text along the lines of “when I pass gas I consider the faces of others.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I remember when I was in the Tokyo subway they had little signs hanging from the roof with toilet figures acting out various behaviours to be avoided.

One showed a standing person with a little cloud around its waist next to a sitting person, and text along the lines of “when I pass gas I consider the faces of others.
That's gotta be based on the old joke,
Q: got a match?
A: yep, your face and my arse

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A Japanese train favourite:
I didn't know my backpack was so big.

My favourite on snow:
My friend fell through the snow and we did not find him until the cherry blossoms returned.

Also I found out where paddle pop lion has gotten to. He is either warning kids not to swim in drains or...he is the scary thing living in the drains.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Im back with another question and possible chance to move myself over to the fuckwits thread.
Bought a used set of Reba's off facebook marketplace. I have ridden to the shops and back twice and more importantly once to the pub.
First thing, I am finding oil on the left stanchion after riding indicating a possible need for a service, more worryingly the fork doesn't seem to allow me to set any sag. It will compress with force but sticks hard on the first 10mm of travel.
Would this suggest any particular devastating failure or do you think it will right itself after a service?
Could be to do with the lockout, fork is automatically set to locked, I have fiddled with the lockout mechanism/tension with no change.

(Edit: additional info. Lockout lever is set up correctly and have tried from 50 psi up to 100 with no change on the sticking problem)

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Im back with another question and possible chance to move myself over to the fuckwits thread.
Bought a used set of Reba's off facebook marketplace. I have ridden to the shops and back twice and more importantly once to the pub.
First thing, I am finding oil on the left stanchion after riding indicating a possible need for a service, more worryingly the fork doesn't seem to allow me to set any sag. It will compress with force but sticks hard on the first 10mm of travel.
Would this suggest any particular devastating failure or do you think it will right itself after a service?
Could be to do with the lockout, fork is automatically set to locked, I have fiddled with the lockout mechanism/tension with no change.

(Edit: additional info. Lockout lever is set up correctly and have tried from 50 psi up to 100 with no change on the sticking problem)
The whole thing will come good with a service. Likely oil exists where it shouldn't be, blown seals & all.

You'll likely need a kit like this:

https://www.pushys.com.au/rockshox-reba-sid-fork-service-kit.html

Super easy to service those things. Where are you located? Happy to help.