The QUICK question thread.....

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone use five 10 sleuth shoes? spitfires have been my favourite for fat feet for years, but they haven't released on in a while. Does the sleuth have a similar shape?

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
anyone use five 10 sleuth shoes? spitfires have been my favourite for fat feet for years, but they haven't released on in a while. Does the sleuth have a similar shape?
I read somewhere this week that Adidas have bought out Five10 and are not selling the brand to Australia any more.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read somewhere this week that Adidas have bought out Five10 and are not selling the brand to Australia any more.
Theyre on crc and wiggle. 510 logo on the side, adidas on the tongue. Rumour is adidas only bought them for the patents on the stealth rubber

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
They're not quite as skate-shoe shaped as the Spitfire. They're more similar to casual trainers like Adidas Gazelles except the sole is still quite beefy and sticks out the back a little bit. They aren't as narrow as Gazelles either.

Adidas have owned FiveTen for a few years now. They were using the Stealth Rubber on their Terrex shoes a few years back and have been doing the cross-branding thing with the Adidas logo on the tongues of Five:Tens for at least a year - I bought my sleuths back in May last year.

FigBo0T

Not sure if this is a quick one, but when are they? Why can't I buy a Chris King preloader? It seems they don't make them any more. Does anyone know of a similar product? Seems a lot simpler, and more reliable than a star nut.

FigBo0T

Cheers. I bookmarked it for next months bike allowance.

I pulled the guts out of a star nut today with the cap bolt (Old and unknown past), and have a new one here with a still packaged tool, but ended up stealing the doohicky off the nomad because I was well over it by that point. I like the idea a lot. Apparently the market didn't.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cheers. I bookmarked it for next months bike allowance.

I pulled the guts out of a star nut today with the cap bolt (Old and unknown past), and have a new one here with a still packaged tool, but ended up stealing the doohicky off the nomad because I was well over it by that point. I like the idea a lot. Apparently the market didn't.
The shitty star nuts just bend or fall apart but generally they work, There's a few other expanding types for carbon steers too.

FigBo0T

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Does anyone with a v1 OneUp dropper post have issues with it losing air pressure over time? Mine seems to need a top up every 6 months or so.

FigBo0T

I think it looks OK myself, and it looks homemade, more bonus points.
Unfortunately I am not in brizxy for a couple of weeks. If I was there I would probs have it now
Maybe one of the Brissy boys could grab it for you?

safreek

Oh, and I'm giving serious consideration to this baby.
I have been led to believe that some of these had 1.5 head, any idea guys,? The shock looks a bit small though. The info says 1.5 and 150 rear, this looks like a qr rear?

Last edited: