The QUICK question thread.....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
My rear mech decided to do something funky, throw the chain out of its cage and then jam itself into the cassette while riding today. I'm going to assume I'm up for a new derailleur, is it best to get a chain and cassette at the same time? Where's the best place to get them from? It's a 10 speed Zee mech, they seem the better value option while I'm such a retard so while I'd like XT it doesn't seem worth the extra.
View attachment 361048
https://www.bikebug.com/shimano-zee-rd-m640-ss-rear-derailleur---short-1x10.html

safreek

Hi guys, any idea of what brand this frame might be. Asking for a friend:eek: also the darkish colour at the top of the stanchion, blown seal? Thanks

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm thinking raceline or something else shitty rather than a Norco. That "top tube" is making me think not a Norco. It looks like 2 pieces of oval tube welded together at that elbow where the shock mounts to it. Once Norco moved away from the monocoque I'm pretty sure they ran a continuous tube with a bend for their top tube.

I do acknowledge the fsr/VPS/specialized four bar set up, including the chainstay pivot location, which will narrow it down to a brand that were paying off the big S.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and a quick bit of Google with "raceline dh" has me the winner! Maybe...

Screenshot_20200314-214941.png

And from our own archives!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mega ding. Those bikes weren't too bad, a friend had one. If the price is low enough could be a good source of parts. Treat the frame as disposable.