The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

Across the top of the wheel arch I see it says "bomber", which has me thinking 888. I had a few 888s and don't recognise the graphics. Maybe later model rather.

Warning for you on old forks - you may encounter difficulty in obtaining appropriate seal kits.
most of the stuff I am looking at I check to see if there is seals available, apart from the inverted forks it seems fox and marz have parts aplenty for the years I am looking at.
I thought 888’s only had black stanchions then?
Fellas not trying to sell them to me he just says 888, they seem to look fatter. Would be a great looking fork on the frame

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
anybody seen Threaded rear hub end caps, have an old superstar components am rear wheel, has screw on/off adapters, would like to find some 142x12 adapters for it to convert from qr -have checked it has a 12mm axle, anyone ever seen them?
ps the company have gone to push/pull adapters, not threaded-they source their hubs though -so must be from somewhere

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I've seen a few screw on...I think I have some Sunn hubs on chargers or black flag wheelsets...but I think they'd be very specific to the brand. Most superstar is actually pretty cheap knockoffs of decent stuff (often Hope), produced in numerous generic factories. NFI where you'd start.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anybody seen Threaded rear hub end caps, have an old superstar components am rear wheel, has screw on/off adapters, would like to find some 142x12 adapters for it to convert from qr -have checked it has a 12mm axle, anyone ever seen them?
ps the company have gone to push/pull adapters, not threaded-they source their hubs though -so must be from somewhere
Hey Daniel. I'm not sure I understand what you are after here, but I think I might have an old Superstar Components rear hub on a 135 wheel hidden in a storage shed on broken wheel. It's not a promise because I haven't looked for a very long time. Is it the hub you want?