The QUICK question thread.....

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Anyone using these? I note that they are slightly, like a few mm in each direction, larger than my current pedals (
from my limited exp. you’ll want to go bigger all round than the few mm these add, i like vp harrier dh2, 120x110 - though more costly? one-up composites are bigger too i think..shoe size in euro?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
just buy some vaults and be done with it.
I'm a total sell out for the fantastic plastic!

from my limited exp. you’ll want to go bigger all round than the few mm these add, i like vp harrier dh2, 120x110 - though more costly? one-up composites are bigger too i think..shoe size in euro?
I don't have a big foot, only a 10US. It is wide for size. Not having any real trouble with the current pedals either, sometimes it is just nice to have a change.

Daniel Hale

My budget is minimal. That Cannondale has m785's on it, not overly keen to cannibalize that and set it further back but I think I'd be happy just with a second hand set of them for the giant too. I only played $500 for the giant, not super keen to spend too much polishing the turd.
some mt500 100 for both on fb this morning, mt500 brakes

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Thanks for the input guys! I'm trying to make the bike pretty idiot proof and I'm a pretty big idiot so I think doing away with the Avids is definitely in my best interest it seems. I don't have Facebook to check the second hand market a whole lot and my wanted ad for M735s hasnt had any hits so the M6000s might actually be my best bet. It still runs Avid rotors though so probably best to get rotors at the same time, plus the adaptor to go up to 180mm rotors is currently a stack of washers so I'll have to add that to the cart too.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Replaced a few bent spokes in my old OEM rear wheel M1900, and changed all nipples. Mostly there on the truing now I think, bar some final tensioning. But the rim has two small dings on one side (still seats tubeless no worries), which seems to be giving me a slight inward hop on radial truing (<2mm). While the rim is straighter than it was before, and I trust it more now I've replaced all nips, is it likely I can get the hop to straighten? Or should I call it good enough for the girls I go out with (read as AvE...) and just tension her up as best I can?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If it's got a proper impact flat spot as opposed to a tension-induced flat spot, you're not getting it out. Just get it as good as you can. If it's only minor the tyre will absorb the bump when riding.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Replaced a few bent spokes in my old OEM rear wheel M1900, and changed all nipples. Mostly there on the truing now I think, bar some final tensioning. But the rim has two small dings on one side (still seats tubeless no worries), which seems to be giving me a slight inward hop on radial truing (<2mm). While the rim is straighter than it was before, and I trust it more now I've replaced all nips, is it likely I can get the hop to straighten? Or should I call it good enough for the girls I go out with (read as AvE...) and just tension her up as best I can?
Yeah I've got an impact flat spot in the same rim and can never get it perfectly straight. Put 1000km on it since changing the hub and not a hiccup so good enough is good enough.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Fair enough. Hopefully spoke tension on the slightly flatter section won't be too low. Cheers.

moorey

call me Mia
Fair enough. Hopefully spoke tension on the slightly flatter section won't be too low. Cheers.
I had a tyre that had a hop. Wasn’t the wheel. Wasn’t big, and could only really notice it on the black stuff. Was a duallie though. I think on a HT it would suck. But as others say, ride it if you’re not noticing it. Not likely to ever be an issue.

Daniel Hale

have found a vintage gary fisher 26” that’s actually large enough for me -it comes with a RS psylo fork..is this fork worth using, or am i better to put a carbon rigid fork in which means i can run disc front, rather than the canti it has on now?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Psylo in good shape had an ok feel in their travel, but they were about as stiff as pasta once it has gone past al dente. I ran discs on the ones I owned.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Is there a reason that enduro seals are shit, see a lot of this sort commenting lately.
I thought they were meant to be alright gear.
Do they really wear your stanchions out
No, their fit is very tight and traps grit causing worn stanchions.
Suggest either name brand (RockShox/ Fox) or SKF.