The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

Yep gonna buy them all. Nah currently got enduro seals on my Marzocchi forks because...well you know can't get the old Marzocchi stuff any more. Id not heard bad things about enduro before.
Yeah, I always thought they were meant to be the bees neez, facebook seems to have no love for them

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
re mtb shoes, rode 2 short descents on macedon this morning, conditions were filthy..mist falling, trails were wet..the people with flat shoes -how do you keep them clean? o=on clipless i had some forested boots which wiped down, but now i have 2 pairs of flats both are made of a suede/canvas stuff..how does one clean them? is there a spray i can use to keep shite off?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thank. No mention of Marzocchi...any idea if they can just be popped in?

We don’t? It’s mtb. Shit gets dirty.
To be fair sometimes I wash them off in the rain or washing machine.

re mtb shoes, rode 2 short descents on macedon this morning, conditions were filthy..mist falling, trails were wet..the people with flat shoes -how do you keep them clean? o=on clipless i had some forested boots which wiped down, but now i have 2 pairs of flats both are made of a suede/canvas stuff..how does one clean them? is there a spray i can use to keep shite off?
It mostly falls off when it dries.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Which fork? From a quick search, some appear to use fox seals, others enduro seals
I've got some 55cr and 66 forks. Shop put enduro seals in one of the 55cr forks recently as that was all they could get and the DIYmtb guys advised that was the last set of seals they had to suit such an old forks. Id not head of enduro seals being bad before, but am eager to not wear out my beautiful stanchions! I've also got older model rs lyrics and totems that will require servicing soon too

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
No, their fit is very tight and traps grit causing worn stanchions.
Suggest either name brand (RockShox/ Fox) or SKF.
This is the right answer. The 32mm Fox OEM seals and I think made by SKF.

Some older non d00d worthy Marzocchis have 28 or 30mm stanchions from memory and enduro seals seem to be one of the few options left for those.

I have never tried but could it be that hard to use any manufacturers similar sized seals. Most Fox and RS forks in 32mm I have here look pretty similar around the seal area in the lowers. Might be very wrong here but how different could it really be?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah, I always thought they were meant to be the bees neez, facebook seems to have no love for them
Don't do it. Dirt or dust can get held under the seals, it turns to paste that abrades the crap out of stanchions. Go OEM and change your fork oil.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

CHEWY

Eats Squid

Anyone using these? I note that they are slightly, like a few mm in each direction, larger than my current pedals (nukeproof neutrons and fire eye hot candy) both of which I am very happy with. But the chance for a slightly bigger footbed has me interested.
I've got them and rate them. Sticky as shit with 5-10s

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I've got some 55cr and 66 forks. Shop put enduro seals in one of the 55cr forks recently as that was all they could get and the DIYmtb guys advised that was the last set of seals they had to suit such an old forks. Id not head of enduro seals being bad before, but am eager to not wear out my beautiful stanchions! I've also got older model rs lyrics and totems that will require servicing soon too
I would put good money on these working on the 55CR http://www.jwtimports.com.au/shop/skf-products/skf-mtb-fork-seal/skf-mtb-fork-seals-kit-mtb35r
SKF does most of the development for seal tech for both fox and SRAM

safreek

Watching your back bro, saved that fine finish for you

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone have a sneaky solution for this? I have a set of RF pedals with a big inner bearing which I’d like to put on, but have crank boots on my cranks. When I tighten the pedals up the bearing housing comes up tight against the boot and pedals barely spin. Don’t really want to chuck the boots.
Any suggestions?