The QUICK question thread.....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I find Maxxis weights more honest/accurate than most. I think there was 80-100g difference moving up from 2.3 to 2.4/5 in the same compound, but WT.
Thanks Moorey. I'm a bit plus sized curious. Not so much after more reaction but like to see how they feel spinning up to speed and railing along.

Also a 26+ will get you so close to 27.5 sizing which is nice twist to squeeze more out of your old stuff. I'm in.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks Moorey. I'm a bit plus sized curious. Not so much after more reaction but like to see how they feel spinning up to speed and railing along.

Also a 26+ will get you so close to 27.5 sizing which is nice twist to squeeze more out of your old stuff. I'm in.
The 26+ Fit? Without 27.5 forks, I’ve had trouble fitting bigger tyres on 26” bikes.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The 26+ Fit? Without 27.5 forks, I’ve had trouble fitting bigger tyres on 26” bikes.
Yeah, that does look to be a bit of grey area. YMMV. Knowing 100% that the tyre size coupled with a rim width and fork arch height.

RS list the maximum wheel diameter that a fork could take. How close you get that diameter with tyre 'x' and rim 'y' is anyone's guess.

I would only go for a 2.6 maximum which should give a bit more wiggle room. Anything bigger, even if it fit, I think would be to much puffy big wheel for me.

stirk

Burner
If you're after more traction, but want to keep the 2.3, change to a HR2, or one of the DH tyres. They won't pedal quite as well, but grip will be much better for loose climbing.
I have a HR2 on the front and can't fault it especially in sand and I tried it on the rear and really felt it on the long uphills!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Yeah, I’d prefer 2 DHFs than 2 DHR2s. Not sold on the DHR2 steering.
I found the DHR2 took just a little getting used to on the front. Seems to have just a little lateral slip (like a High Roller 2) before it bites. It’s a great tyre but after a short experiment with it as a front, I’ll stick with DHF for the trails I ride.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
What do you all vote as the grippiest front tyre for mainly hardpack or loose over hardpack?

DHF and end thread?