The QUICK question thread.....

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
My KS eten dropper was stuck so I took it apart. There are plastic guide bushings in addition to the metal ones. One of the plastic ones had come loose and jammed the dropper up. Do I need to keep them in? Seems to work fine without them but havent gone for a ride yet...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Exactly how shit is this crack

I got a bargain on a meta55, it's well worth the price for the components alone so I'm not super phased by this. I was going to pass it along to a friend, now I'm thinking I might be doing him a disservice by inflicting this on him.

So do i:

A) Pass it on for cost, let him know it's a bargain but that the frame might not go the distance. Enjoy it for what it is while it lasts

Or

B) strip it down and use the bits to rebuild my 2001 tracer for its 20th birthday, and sell the frame on Facebook for 4 times what I paid stating the crack is an easy fix but I don't have the time

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia

I got a bargain on a meta55, it's well worth the price for the components alone so I'm not super phased by this. I was going to pass it along to a friend, now I'm thinking I might be doing him a disservice by inflicting this on him.

So do i:

A) Pass it on for cost, let him know it's a bargain but that the frame might not go the distance. Enjoy it for what it is while it lasts

Or

B) strip it down and use the bits to rebuild my 2001 tracer for its 20th birthday, and sell the frame on Facebook for 4 times what I paid stating the crack is an easy fix but I don't have the time

I recall some bloke telling you all the commy’s from that era crack. He’s not a ‘told you so’ type luckily.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I recall some bloke telling you all the commy’s from that era crack. He’s not a ‘told you so’ type luckily.
He didn't say it IS cracked

...I'm leaning towards selling the frame for $1000 on bookface because it's rare

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@Plankosaurus ride it too it's fucked man.

Or pull off the rear triangle and sell it. Swell the shock and bearings and bushing and all of it...BUT !!! BUT YOU mother fucker!!! Whatever you do make sure the left over metals go onto the recycling bin or off to a recycling/scrap faculty.

But above all else, sell me your tracer. The more recent one...

ausdb

Being who he is

So do i:

A) Pass it on for cost, let him know it's a bargain but that the frame might not go the distance. Enjoy it for what it is while it lasts.
Does your friend have any skills with composites / carpet fibre?

Minlak

custom titis

So do i:

Or

Your over thinking it - I’m sure you will have a sticker from some company somewhere (Pushy’s MTB Direct something) can’t see the problem = no problem to see

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Your over thinking it - I’m sure you will have a sticker from some company somewhere (Pushy’s MTB Direct something) can’t see the problem = no problem to see
Oh shit, I never thought of using a structural sticker! what kind of dodgy seller doesn't go there straight away? I've got to lift my game...

Minlak

custom titis
Oh shit, I never thought of using a structural sticker! what kind of dodgy seller doesn't go there straight away? I've got to lift my game...

Add in plausible deniability - “The sticker was there when I got it” - “why would I look under the sticker?”