The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cussing SRAM...even LBS didn’t have the specific Bleeding Edge adapter in their kit.
No worries, I’ll fit my spare button remote for now. Nope, it’s a completely different connection.
Cuss you SRAM, you bastards.
I had the same shit 3-4 weeks ago, ordered the bleeding edge adaptor from HiBike, still currently on the Frankfurt Tarmac.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
They're tiny as in diameter, might be still on there somewhere but you can't see it.

View attachment 369282
Clearly visible planted in the butt of the detached crank....

The ring in question is the first and smallest of botttom bracket dirt seals, fitting between the crank and outer cover of the BB cover on each side. You can live without it. The "safety clip" part #4 is even less critical; two-piece (they're not all Hollowtech II, some are solid) cranks were built for several years without it, until spindly-armed roadies couldn't tighten the pinch bolts enough and had cranks falling off, so Shimano chucked in a token "secondary retention" thing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think my dishwashing powder has damaged some of my delicate glassware (supposedly dishwasher safe items). They have lost their shine and appear dull and cloudy. At first I thought it was detergent residue, but attempts to hand wash away the issue was unsuccessful. Is it possible for me to restore the clear crisp look or have I fucked shit up?

ausdb

Being who he is
I think my dishwashing powder has damaged some of my delicate glassware (supposedly dishwasher safe items). They have lost their shine and appear dull and cloudy. At first I thought it was detergent residue, but attempts to hand wash away the issue was unsuccessful. Is it possible for me to restore the clear crisp look or have I fucked shit up?
Could also be some scale from the water too, got any descaler or citric acid kicking around? I find my coffee glasses go a bit that way when they get dish washed a lot and some acid has helped shift it.

tobbogonist

a registered member
White vinegar should clean it. Never done it myself but i walked in on one of the usual riveting conversations in the work lunch room and picked up a few tips.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Could also be some scale from the water too, got any descaler or citric acid kicking around? I find my coffee glasses go a bit that way when they get dish washed a lot and some acid has helped shift it.
I've given a gentle wash on the sink, vinegar bath. Perhaps I could have used more

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Never heard of it, but will look into this. Seems to not be residue, but damage to the glass surface. Most odd
Google is your friend. There's a few causes but it's not uncommon. We have quite a few items that have lost their screen-printed logos etc from the dishwasher

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Google is your friend. There's a few causes but it's not uncommon. We have quite a few items that have lost their screen-printed logos etc from the dishwasher
I made that mistake once...and only once. It was unintentional too I might add! My brain just switched off and I put a coffee cup in there that had 18ct gold plating on it. Now I just have a seemingly very plain piece of Royal
Doulton that I knew not to put in there!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anyone else here run one of these shocks before ? Made by Kind Shock apparently.

Haven't had a chance to take it on the trails but rather a strange shock, 12mm DU bushing, the lockout is rock solid until you pop the blowoff and it doesn't have any rebound dampening, it just clunks back into position at full speed, the open mode feels plush but slightly over dampened at fast rebound.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Has anyone ever made a 13-48 cassette? I barely use my 11T cog on the back, I'd rather have a lower gear if I'm honest.

moorey

call me Mia
Has anyone ever made a 13-48 cassette? I barely use my 11T cog on the back, I'd rather have a lower gear if I'm honest.
The issue is that the lock ring is 11, sometimes 12t. You can’t not use it. Also, bigger small cog doesn’t mean you can go bigger big cog. Just run a bigger chain ring.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The issue is that the lock ring is 11, sometimes 12t. You can’t not use it. Also, bigger small cog doesn’t mean you can go bigger big cog. Just run a bigger chain ring.
Makes sense. Mine won't shift to the smallest one and I don't want to fuck about with it because everything else shifts sweetly!