The QUICK question thread.....

Flow-Rider

Burner
Bigger on the rear cassette maybe ? x2 drive train is the only way to go especially for beginners.
Makes sense. Mine won't shift to the smallest one and I don't want to fuck about with it because everything else shifts sweetly!
Make sure nothing has come loose in the rear, rubbing rear rotor and not shifting to the smallest cog.

moorey

call me Mia
Bigger on the rear cassette maybe ? x2 drive train is the only way to go especially for beginners.

Make sure nothing has come loose in the rear, rubbing rear rotor and not shifting to the smallest cog.
Or simply needs a cable change. Less spring tension in the little cogs.

Minlak

custom titis
Or simply needs a cable change. Less spring tension in the little cogs.
My 11spd Sram is not shifting on the middle cassette you have to click it twice then shift up once - put new cable on adjusted nothing else shifts perfect. Everytjne I have had weird shifting just in one spot of the cassette new cable fixed it.

moorey

call me Mia
My 11spd Sram is not shifting on the middle cassette you have to click it twice then shift up once - put new cable on adjusted nothing else shifts perfect. Everytjne I have had weird shifting just in one spot of the cassette new cable fixed it.
Yep. 9/10 it’s the fix for poor shifting. That and poor cable routing with steep bends.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
When did you last do an outer? The last time I had something similar it took both a new inner and outer to sort it

Minlak

custom titis
When did you last do an outer? The last time I had something similar it took both a new inner and outer to sort it
I usually inspect the outer for any kinks or wear or bends that have tightened - but I think I have only ever replaced the outer once always just the inner cables has been enough.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'd rarely expect an inner to go on a fairly new hard tail so soon, sometimes the outers swell up at the ends or people waterblast the bike and all the grit goes in the end of the cable.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I usually inspect the outer for any kinks or wear or bends that have tightened - but I think I have only ever replaced the outer once always just the inner cables has been enough.
Mine went inside the frame so I'd have never seen it.

Minlak

custom titis
Ok have put 203 RT 86 ( the ice tech ones) rotors on the ebike - it already had 203 on there - fitted new rotors - wheels spin fine no rubbing - when I ride I head up the street no sound turn around and roll down and they howl / resonate - realigned by eye - same thing - don’t look warped or bent or I also assume they would scrape when spun in the stand yet they make no sound - ideas?