The QUICK question thread.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just ordered a 2.3 Minion SS to go on a 30mm ID rim. Mtbr says I’ll die - is this true?
They come up pretty square (even more exaggerated by the tread pattern), but they ride okay. I ended up missing the volume of the 2.5 Aggressor and swapped back in the end...

Wish they'd do an Exo or DD casing of the Minion SS in a 2.5, would be a barrel of laughs.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Cool ,I'll give it a go, if too square will move to the other bike as thats got Flow EX which are 26 or so ID

Brow

Big Block
Hope fortus 26 or 30 for new wheels to go on 160mm Hardtail?
Cant see me going bigger than 2.5 wide tyre on front.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What about 30 front and 26 rear? To get the right combo ie Shimano, 11sp etc
26 rear is a good option but best suited to run a 2.3" tyre out back only IMO. Fraction too narrow for 2.5's in an ideal world. They'll go on fine, but bottom out more easily as the sidewalls aren't as vertical, and possibly bounce/chatter a touch more or under brakes if the back starts getting a bit skatey.

safreek

Hi again. Turns out I'm not all that up with lefties. Fork seems to run fine on a small road test. Was wondering about the little red cap on top of the fork before I become too heavy handed. Is it some compression or rebound knob or just an air valve cover.
I have had a light try to turn it but no go, should I bring out the pliers to turn it. I'm assuming the lever is lockout, if so, can I remove the ugly lever as I will never use it

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hi again. Turns out I'm not all that up with lefties. Fork seems to run fine on a small road test. Was wondering about the little red cap on top of the fork before I become too heavy handed. Is it some compression or rebound knob or just an air valve cover.
I have had a light try to turn it but no go, should I bring out the pliers to turn it. I'm assuming the lever is lockout, if so, can I remove the ugly lever as I will never use it
View attachment 369831
looks like a rebound adjuster to me. Aren’t lefty air valves in the ‘lower’?

From the look of those bolt heads it’s been in the salt air or a creek for a fair while so you should pull the fork and seatpost etc off and apply some fresh grease.

safreek

From the look of those bolt heads it’s been in the salt air or a creek for a fair while so you should pull the fork and seatpost etc off and apply some fresh grease.
Good idea, actually didn't think about that. It came from Kingscliff beach.
I had a lefty elo fork for about 2 weeks and the valve was at the top. Shall check it all when changing bars today

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle fat bike wheels won't fit frame.

My moto is don't back off unless you are upside down and on fire!

@beeb not likely to go bigger than 2.3 on rear anyway.

With xmas coming, excuse to spend a bit but supply options are quite limited.

Thanks for replies.
Fuck fat bikes! But surely you can fit a 33-36mm rim and tyre in there @Brow ?

Flow-Rider

Burner

Sweat from being on a trainer maybe?

Brow

Big Block
Fuck fat bikes! But surely you can fit a 33-36mm rim and tyre in there @Brow ?
I don't ride hard enough to prob use the extra width. Figure I can always upgrade to a wider rim in the future if I got the rest sorted too.
Seems the longer I put off buying the less is available.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Was up at Bright last week and bottomed out my shock pretty hard a couple of times. I was just putting in a larger volume spacer when i noticed a small o-ring floating around inside the can.

It’s a Fox DPX2 on a transition Sentinel.

The o-ring is cracked through/broken and has dislodged from its usual home.

What is it?
Where does it go?
How vital is it (do i stop riding until it is replaced)???

Photo for reference: