The QUICK question thread.....

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I saw that DT Swiss are centrelock only but they have 6 bolt adapters. Just curious!
CL is really nice from an ease of use perspective and a nice clean interface etc. I'm not an engineer but I'd also guess there's mechanical benefit in the spline interface over six bolts holding two flat surfaces together.

But, it's not sufficiently better to go hunting for. If you end up with DT wheels with CL hubs then just run the adapters until it's time to replace your brake rotors, then go to CL.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Have only managed 6 or 7 rides on the Ripmo so far, went for a ride on the weekend, rear lost a lot of pressure, tried inflating with hand pump but could see bubbling from nipples and valve (tightened valve nut and it stopped there), took a lot of sweat and vigorous hand pumping to finally inflate, is now seemingly only a slow leak again.. Should there be visible leaks around the nipples? Should I take back to LBS and get them to re-do rim tape on essentially a 2 month old bike? Or just chick more sealant in and hope for best?

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Have only managed 6 or 7 rides on the Ripmo so far, went for a ride on the weekend, rear lost a lot of pressure, tried inflating with hand pump but could see bubbling from nipples and valve (tightened valve nut and it stopped there), took a lot of sweat and vigorous hand pumping to finally inflate, is now seemingly only a slow leak again.. Should there be visible leaks around the nipples? Should I take back to LBS and get them to re-do rim tape on essentially a 2 month old bike? Or just chick more sealant in and hope for best?
What wkkie said. The tape isn't sealing properly and its leaking through.

Minlak

custom titis
Sure, let me know what stands out for you -
Well in actual fact if you check the google thread it is for people that are too fucking lazy to google stuff for themselves - So the searches you would perform are look up TBE find the tyre you want and then google that tyre and compare results - if TBE is indeed the cheapest buy from them - If not dont

Minlak

custom titis
Pretty sure Moorey mentioned it here, but yeah sure. I guess the answer to any question here should be to fucking Google it.
Not at all - The idea of this thread was was to stop people making threads that only really need 1 or 2 answers - So if the question was Should I buy the big or the small - could someone clarify if I need the Sram or the Shimano adapter as it doesn't seem to use all the pads - Or I have googled for an hour and can't find this problem solver what did others do?
People that have tried some semblance of answering their own question should 100% ask here if confused or unable to locate.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The big thing regarding pricing - Tyre model, size, casing, compound, etc... will effect pricing. Then availability will come and go, prices will fluctuate regularly, and then there's occasionally specials that might nab you a better deal at sites that are typically a more expensive option. Only you know what you're looking for, only you can decide when exactly you're going to buy it, so the only way to know what's cheapest in that moment is to search (and keep an eye on the Bargain Buys/Discount Code threads).

Minlak

custom titis
So for the first time ever I have to create a chain from new on a new bike not just replace one - So this means I have to size it - I have looked at all the guides and you put it on the chain ring and the largest rear sprocket and then add 4 links for a dual suspension bike and then hope you got it right and check it by cycling the suspension. Ok not rocket surgery but it got me thinking.
If I was to thread the chain onto the chainring through the derailleur and onto the smallest cog on the rear - measure that and remove 1 extra link that would put some tension on the chain from the derailleur. - Wouldn't that in effect be the best way as you have no chance of making the chain too short?
Obviously its not a high pivot bike that needs extra chain length and the old chain had to go around a 51 rear and now its only a 47 rear - the second new chain is on a hardtail so that's easier.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I do it the way you explained. At least you can’t cut it to short this way. If you do want to cut it to short do what I did once and pick up the other chain I had on bench and cut it to same length.