The QUICK question thread.....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Rekons don't come with the etchings or the red o-ring. I got the poverty spec unfortunately.
Get a thin elastic band, cut it and tie it around your stanchion. Instant red o-ring if you pick your colours carefully. Those rings can snap anyhow.

Mine came from the local newspaper. Don't even have to remove your lowers. Too easy.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Need to get new brake pads for RX4s. I have some blue ones that came with it that are designated "road" - how bad are they? I couldn't see much information on them on the Hope website.

Or should I just try some Galfer pads?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Need to get new brake pads for RX4s. I have some blue ones that came with it that are designated "road" - how bad are they? I couldn't see much information on them on the Hope website.

Or should I just try some Galfer pads?
They are galfer pads. The blue are sintered from memory so should be ok. I found the red ones to be underwhelming.

The rx4 caliper also fit m4 and e4 pads so you can get Uberbike racematrix, which will transform them.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
They are galfer pads. The blue are sintered from memory so should be ok. I found the red ones to be underwhelming.

The rx4 caliper also fit m4 and e4 pads so you can get Uberbike racematrix, which will transform them.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
sweet - great info, thanks!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Having never ridden Detonate, if I manage to talk any of the crew into a blast down it this trip, do I need to cut down my 800 bars, to negotiate the chutes?

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Having never ridden Detonate, if I manage to talk any of the crew into a blast down it this trip, do I need to cut down my 800 bars, to negotiate the chutes?
No, i clearly havn't ridden it = but 1 of the local lads did last time down, he has very good control of his bike, can ride along a paling width piece of wood for 20m, he sated this is more important than bar width, his canyon i reckon has 760/780 bars, he said you have to thread the needle with your bike, and that there's more width than you think, but it Psyches you out as the end is narrower than opening

I did read the EWS guys were running around 760

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
No, i clearly havn't ridden it = but 1 of the local lads did last time down, he has very good control of his bike, can ride along a paling width piece of wood for 20m, he sated this is more important than bar width, his canyon i reckon has 760/780 bars, he said you have to thread the needle with your bike, and that there's more width than you think, but it Psyches you out as the end is narrower than opening

I did read the EWS guys were running around 760
Thanks Daniel. Considering firetrails often feel paling width to me, and the ews guys run 760's, I might head down that path. Will make some of the Prospect Hill trails near home a lot easier too.