The QUICK question thread.....

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
The self extracting cap is missing.

Anyway. Some wd40 and a few more hammer bashes worked.
New cap and bolt will cost you less than a sixer of beverages:

Better than munting cranks, frame or fingers.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
There's a ye Olde days tool called a crank puller....
Don't think it works on these. Once that bolt is out there's nothing for it to push against. The crank arm is hollow.

O the eagle stuff I think the self extractor is meant to act as the puller as it braces against the bolt that's coming out and pulls the crank in the process. dunno where I've lost it

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't think it works on these. Once that bolt is out there's nothing for it to push against. The crank arm is hollow.

O the eagle stuff I think the self extractor is meant to act as the puller as it braces against the bolt that's coming out and pulls the crank in the process. dunno where I've lost it
The crank puller threads into the crank arm that is being removed and then pushes against the end of the axle. I haven't used one for a long time, so may have remembered it incorrectly though. Mine has a plug/spacer/thing for hollow axles.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If it's BB30 or DUB, a regular puller won't work; the hole diameter in the crank is too big.

Just for a change it's not a SRAM-specific problem for the self-extractor caps to take themselves too literally, I've seen others lose them too.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If it's BB30 or DUB, a regular puller won't work; the hole diameter in the crank is too big.

Just for a change it's not a SRAM-specific problem for the self-extractor caps to take themselves too literally, I've seen others lose them too.
Yeah it's dub. And it doesn't work for that exact reason. @pinkpoodle hence why they have a self extractor cap (which I'm missing)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
In that case, the exact bolt kit that @Labcanary linked won't work, it's too small; you need the conceptually identical but larger version to suit.
Yeah I know. The gpx stuff isn't the right fit, bit conceptually he was right. There is a correct fit version. It's about $26 bucks (not like the price difference is overly relevant though)

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Leg ham...nice big on the bone christmas leg ham.

If I get one and care I up, then freeze the slices, is it going to be ok to use for cooking (pasta, toasties, salads, etc) when it thaws? Or is it going to be tasteless watery shit?
It lasts for a long time wrapped in a damp tea towel in the fridge. Remember to change the tea towel every day and you get a couple of weeks out of it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So...future you comes back in time and gives some sage advise about an upcoming event. Does taking that advice then erase that time traveling future version of yourself, thus preventing you from receiving the advice and being able to use it? Asking for a friend.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
So...future you comes back in time and gives some sage advise about an upcoming event. Does taking that advice then erase that time traveling future version of yourself, thus preventing you from receiving the advice and being able to use it? Asking for a friend.
Depends on your school of thought, perhaps future you coming back has already been factored in to the timeline and is a part of the chain of events.