The QUICK question thread.....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No no no, you throw all the tyres - good and bad - in the same pile. Then after a couple of years you get the excitement of wondering if they'll hold air!
This is what I do... It worked when I had to put some old old stock on until the new tyres arrived from MTBD. I naturally didnt check that the tyres were ok for the few rides they did. Noticed some severe cracking when replacing them... Anyway back on the pile!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'd loosely fold them. I've had tyres twist in storage, which has then caused them to buckle & then run uncomfortably wobbly. Admittedly these were "non-tubeless" foldables, which can be a bit mental. The heavier beads of proper tubeless tyres are more stable, but sometimes they still want to twist.

The best solution is to have enough wheels so your tyre options are always mounted, then you just pick for the day..... ;):rolleyes::p

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
OK, couple questions. Are these any good. Second question, is this definitely both ends.
Third question, will I need other parts to rejoin when cut.
Thanjs
They definitely are a full set and should come with enough spares to shorten the hoses.
The MT Sport come with the better levers as well.
They are awesome brakes and that seems like a pretty good price too.

safreek

They definitely are a full set and should come with enough spares to shorten the hoses.
The MT Sport come with the better levers as well.
They are awesome brakes and that seems like a pretty good price too.
Excellent, cheers man. Thought the price seemed OK compared to shimano. Shimano have always dissapointed me

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Does anyone know where a fella might acquire 1.7ish metres of 6mm braided brake line?

Wifey's fancy new ebike needs a super long brake line for the rear due to internal routing, and she's not letting go of her fancy old hope brakes. Hope's new lines are 5mm, which means I'd need to get all new fittings to suit as well. I'm hoping to just get a decent length of the older 6mm stuff and set it all up, but failing that I might have to bite the bullet and buy a whole kit with both ends

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Best I could find was 1.42m (off the V4's I got off you many moons ago, lol). Sorry mate!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Does anyone know where a fella might acquire 1.7ish metres of 6mm braided brake line?

Wifey's fancy new ebike needs a super long brake line for the rear due to internal routing, and she's not letting go of her fancy old hope brakes. Hope's new lines are 5mm, which means I'd need to get all new fittings to suit as well. I'm hoping to just get a decent length of the older 6mm stuff and set it all up, but failing that I might have to bite the bullet and buy a whole kit with both ends

Uberbike.

Minlak

custom titis

This will get the job done :)

safreek

This will get the job done :)
Fuck me, that's enough for a complete bike, and I mean bike

moorey

call me Mia
Any idea WTF this is? Last pic taken on my phone camera…this morning….about 15 minutes before I woke up.